Tri wizard training

Chapter fourteen: Tri wizard training 

That very next day Lucy was walking in the Transfiguration courtyard, alone, as it was a day off from lessons she had all the time in the world. She had given up looking for Shona so she decided to take a walk on her own. That was until Harry walked over to her with Neville. 

"Hello, Lucy" he said, he still didn't look right, he really needed Ron back. 

"Hello Harry, Neville" Lucy waved, "how are you two?" 

"I'm OK..." Harry's voice drifted off 

"I'm better, yesterday Professor Moody invited me into his classroom and gave me this Herbolagy book! It really cheered me up!" Neville grinned holding his Herbolagy book with pride. Professor Sprout would be proud. 

"That's great Neville!, Do you fancy going down to the lake? It's the most relaxing place I can think of since we're all stressed out" 

"Sure!" Neville said.

The three of them walked down to lake, Lucy sat down next to Harry by the tree stump and Neville rolled up his trousers and with his book walked into the water to study some plants. 

"What do you think the first task is going to be, Lucy?" Harry asked

"I have absolutely no idea but I fear it isn't going to be easy, dad said that he's going to help me with it - or give me tips in other words" 

"You're lucky - " Harry stopped in mid sentence realising what he had said making Lucy giggle. 

"Amazing!, Amazing!" Neville suddenly said making the two of them look at him

"What's amazing, Nev?" Lucy frowned 

"Oh, nothing..." He muttered all embarrassed 

"Dad says that they aren't going to go easy on us even if we are younger" Lucy continued, "right now I'm thinking death is the best way out of this. What about you?" 

"I was thinking exactly the same thing" 

"So have you spoke to Ron at all?" 

"I've tried but he doesn't seem to want to listen, have you spoken to him?" 

"I was with Fred and George the other day and Ron came up to say hello, the twins teased him as usual but I said hello - " (Harry raised an eyebrow), "please don't think bad of me!" 

"I don't think bad of you, I just hate Ron" 

"Hate is a strong word, you know?" 

"I bet you've used it before" 

"Yes, plenty of things - for example, peanut butter. Can't stand it!" Lucy pulled a disgusted face making Harry laugh, "so lets think of peanut butter just like Ron. One day I could change my mind about that peanut butter and it could be my favourite" 

"So what you're saying is, Ron is a jar of peanut butter?" 

"Well it's a better thing than hate, isn't it?" 

"I suppose" 

The two laughed together at Lucy's pathetic joke. They talked for a little while longer that was until Hermione, Ginny and Ron turned up.

"Hey guys!" Lucy waved 

"Hello, Lucy" Ron waved along with Ginny but Hermione stepped forward and confronted Harry. 

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Pavarti that Hagrid's looking for you" Hermione said, re-thinking what she was saying through her head, to Harry.