What did I tell you?

Chapter six: What did I tell you?

"What is it you want" Lucy asked with her eyes closed as Snape walked in her room. 

"Just came to see how you are, that's all" 

"You're too kind" 

"I know...But really I came to see that memory" 

"You don't have the pensieve" 

"Yes I do, last night Dumbledore paid a visit to our house when you were asleep. I asked for the pensieve and he bought it over for me. So if you don't mind I'll have that memory" 

"You'll have that memory?" Lucy said, she sat up and opened her eyes, "it would be quite alright if you remembered your manners" 

"Very well, please may I have the memory" 

"That's more like it" She reaced into her skirt pocket and pulled out a vial with a memory in it, "I managed to get it out earlier. Remember to take in every detail of it, it's very important" 

"I will" and Snape took the memory then pulled out the pensieve he poured the memory and leant over the pensive then was absorbed by the memory. 

The atmosphere around him disappeared and he found himself in a rather filthy muggle home. A woman laid on a chair with an alchol bottle clasped in her hand. Then someone else entered, a tall man whom was greying but looked a lot higher class than the woman who was laying on the chair. 

"Where is she?" The man growled looking around for someone 

"I don't know...The last time I saw her she was in the kitchen" the woman replied her voice slurred. 

"Well she didn't do as I ask, she never does. Remind me again why we have her?" 

"Because she does the housework..." 

"She doesn't do it very well" 

Shuffling could be heard from behind Snape but only very soft shuffling. Snape whipped around and saw a five year old Lucy, she was paper white and could just about stand up, she was just skin and bone. Lucy was trying to escape despite the fact her parents were in the room. 

"There she is!" The man roared, he stormed over to Lucy and picked her up by the front of her jumper

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DO AS I ASKED?!" He yelled but Lucy didn't reply she simply waited to be punished further, "useless brat..." 

He let go of her so she landed in a heap on the floor. But the punishment wasn't over, he bent down and hit her across the face and moments later blood poured out of her mouth. The man walked off but the woman just laughed at Lucy. 

Snape was desperate to help but he knew this was just a memory so he just had to painfully watch. But luckily for him the memory disappeared seconds afterwards and Snape was taken back to reality. He looked up and saw the fourteen-year-old Lucy lying there. 

"So, enjoy your little experience?" Lucy smiled 

"Please tell me that memory was tampered with" Snape rasped 

"Oh I wish it was, that wasn't the worst that I've been through. That was a daily thing I was used to it. I'm so glad I found out how to grow my own teeth back, that was rather useful" she whispered, "do I have an excuse now to scream when I feel threatened? And scared?" 

"I think so..." 

"That's very kind of you" she took a deep breath then opened her eyes again, "you know that day the minister came to visit?"