Anastasia Garcia

Chapter 22: Anastasia Garcia

When Lucy, Snape and Shona had made their way to the three broomsticks and ordered butterbeer, they sat down and sat in silence as though waiting for something. Even Shona seemed a bit quiet. They all suspected something but they didn't know what it was...

"I swear someone has been following us here," Lucy whispered, breaking the silence.

"Get used to it, it's not as though we're nobodies anymore..." Shona muttered, shaking her head in disaproval but then turning around hoping to wave to some fans.

"It's nice to know people admire us but when you get stalked all the time it does get a bit tiring."

"Yeah, especially you getting stalked by Cedric!"

"Never mind..." 

When the three of them had finished their butterbeer they made a swift exit. Snape and Shona exited first but as Lucy was walking out she was knocked over by a blue blur. And the next thing she knew the person who had knocked her over was right next to her on the floor. 

"I am so sorry!" Lucy apologised quickly, straightening the girl's hat. It was obvious that she was a Beauxbaton student and she was seventeen like the rest of them. When Lucy had straightened the girl's hat she saw a pair of hazel eyes, blond hair that went down to just below her shoulders, a not very pale complexion and a pretty face. 

"It's OK," the girl replied. Surprisingly she didn't sound French at all which made her more suspicious. But then she gasped and put her hands over her mouth, as though shocked at Lucy's presence. "L-Lucy!" She stammered. 

"Yes we know, it's her. The girl who slayed a dragon, the girl who fought vampires...Yeah she's pretty famous and so am I! Want autographs?" Shona said waving the girl's comment away. 

"N-No...Not you..." The girl said ignoring Shona and just staring at Lucy. 

"What?" Lucy asked getting a little worried that she was being stared at by this Beauxbaton student.

"Lucy, it's me." The girl helped Lucy up after helping herself up. 

"Who - ?" 

"Anastasia Garcia."  

It was Lucy's turn to gasp now. Snape and Shona looked at each other as the two girls started squealing at each other frantically and finally landing in a quick embrace before Anastasia took Lucy's hands in her own. 

"I've missed you so much!" She breathed. 

"I haven't been fully happy since the day you left," Lucy replied. "But now you're back everything will be fine!" 

"What the - ?" Shona asked, as Anastasia and Lucy began a in depth conversation that neither Snape nor Shona could decode. 

"I have no idea, McGuire, no idea." Snape shook his head at the frustrated Shona who wondered if she could possibly losing her best friend to a seventeen year old Beauxbatons girl...

*   *   * 

"So, you're telling me that you met Miss Garcia when you were younger and then she left you?" Snape frowned at his daughter. The two of them were stood in Snape's quarters and Lucy was desperately trying to tell Snape why Anastasia meant so much to her. 

"Yes! It wasn't her fault though! Her parents made her move to France so she could attend Beauxbatons! She wanted to stay with me but her parents refused!" Lucy sighed, it felt as though she had repeated this about fifty times. 

"And she was your best friend before hand?" 

"Of course she was! She's the reason I survived until I was eleven!"