Cedric Diggory

Chapter five: Cedric Diggory 

Things had been a lot different in the Snape house ever since that argument between Lucy and her dad. Lucy refused to be in the company of Snape and would dash out of the room if he entered and would only accept very, very small amounts of food.

The feeling of being unwanted washed over Lucy everyday.

The feeling of being lonely washed over Snape everyday.

Lucy felt as though she would never be accepted anywhere because of what she had been through as well as what she was 'insecure' and 'pathetic.' She wished she could be a stronger figure like Shona, who could take down five bad guys at once.

She pondered on her thoughts as she laid down on her bed then closed her eyes and then directed her thoughts into a more happy place. The quidditch world cup. What would it be like? Most probably a massive stadium with shouts of support for each team. The mascots stood either side of the pitch cheering on their team. But best of all seeing Viktor Krum in person pulling off some inspiring skills at the quidditch match. Then suddenly there was a knock at Lucy's bedroom door. 

"Leave me alone!" Lucy snapped as she knew who it was and this was a first considering Lucy hadn't spoken to Snape for a week. Snape didn't reply but he disobeyed Lucy's order he stepped in her room and placed three tickets in her hand, the qudditch world cup tickets.

"They arrived in the post today, if you don't want them I'll send them back to the Weasley boy"

"How did he get the address" she said without opening her eyes

"McGuire told him as she informed me" 

"Having secret chats with Shona are we? Been calling me any name you can think of that will hurt my feelings? You're too kind"

"No, I haven't. She sent me a letter yesterday to see how you were as you hadn't written to her she was concerned"

"Tell her the truth did you? As in what had happened?"

"I just said you hadn't been feeling too well"

"Liar" Lucy spat 

"And so she told me that Weasley would be sending the tickets and here they are. The match is tomorrow"

"I hope you said thank you, at least remember your manners for other people"

"Lucy, I don't know why you're turning against me. I'm only trying to help"

"Alright, I'll be the bad guy now but when we get back to Hogwarts you can have one of my memories. You go and drop that into the pensieve and tell me what you see, you tell me why I act the way I do. You tell me where I got my insecurities and personality"

"Very well, I shall do as you say when we get back to Hogwarts"

"I'll find one of the not so bad ones so I don't give you nightmares, I wouldn't want a grown man to be scared of my past"

"I wouldn't have nightmares"

"We'll see...We'll see..."

*   *   *

"Hey!, Mum!, Lucy and Professor Snape are here! And Shona!" Ginny said excitedly as she jumped up and down on one foot 

It was the next morning and the time was six o'clock. The burrow was full of tired Weasleys as well as Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. It had been planned that all the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione would have one tent and Lucy, Shona and Snape would have a separate one. 

"Well I never!" Mrs Weasley said sarcastically she didn't seem too pleased at the fact that Snape was back considering last time he had been here the Weasley's had had to flee their house and two of her children had to find their way back to Hogwarts with just the help of Lucy's thinking, "FRED! GO AND GET THE DOOR!"