Skeeter's interview

Chapter 21: Skeeter's interview 

The very next day Lucy and Snape headed down to the great hall in the evening ready for Skeeter's interview. Lucy was absolutely terrified as she knew the woman could take people's stories and make them into complete lies. Whereas when Lucy and Snape met Shona outside the great hall she was full of confidence. 

"Afternoon!" Shona smiled at the two. "Are we ready to be interviewed?" 

"Yes," Snape sighed. Although dreading what was to come. 

"No," Lucy cringed. 

"Well here's some advice for both of you." Snape pulled both of them aside. "No showing off, act normally and don't tell lies as it will just come back to you, understood?" (The girls nodded.) "McGuire, I expect you not to make a fool of yourself and others as it's a pathetic choice." 

"Very well, Snivels, I'll try my best!" 

"And if I am mentioned in your interview I suggest you address me as Professor Snape not one of your immature names that you have given me over the recent years." Snape turned to Lucy. "Be confident with this interview, don't let Skeeter get to you. The woman has a very clever way of manipulating her audience's into believing anything she wants them to. So just ignore her quick quotes quill and answer her question's as though I was asking them." 

"Alright...But what if I get those visions again?" Lucy panicked. 

"The risk has been reduced majorly when I took the orb from you." 

"It didn't help, when you came to see me at midday I just had another one and I wasn't near the orb!" 

"Bring yourself away from even thinking about Zuc or Kingston, as well as the orb. Think that you have no troubles at all and vampires don't even exist." 

"Alright...I'll try." 

"Not try you will." 

"I will..." 

Just then Professor McGonagall came out of the great hall with a sad smile on her face. Immediately Lucy knew something was wrong...

"You may come in," she whispered and led the three of them in just as Cedric was being interviewed. But the thing was Skeeter and Cedric weren't alone. The whole hall was cramped with students which meant that Skeeter was doing these interviews publicly and not private how Lucy thought she would. 

"Now, Cedric," Rita grinned. "My final question for you..." 

"Go ahead," Cedric said he was full to the brim with confident but he wasn't over confident. 

"I know very well that the Yule ball is coming up and I know that you'll have to ask a girl to it. Anyone in mind?" 

"Oh of course...She's one of the smartest girls I know - " 

"Not me." Lucy whispered to Shona. 

" - One of the most bravest too." 

"Certainly not me." 

"And she's much different to all the girls in this school. In a good way..." 

"Well that's not me!" 

"Her name!" Skeeter said excitedly as her quick quotes quill scribbled down furiously. 

"Lucy Snape." 

"Me?" Lucy whispered. 

"You!" Shona snorted. 

"Her?" Snape raged. "Mr Diggory is going to wish he had never said that..."