Get your autographs here!

Chapter nine: Get your autogrpahs here! 

The group sat on one of the carriages and were taken up to the castle. But Fred wasn't enjoying any of it, he wasn't even enjoying the fact he was with Lucy. All he could think about was keeping Cedric away from Lucy. 

"What's up, Fred?" Lucy asked when the others weren't paying attention 

"Nothing" he shook his head 

"Yes there is" 

"No there's not" 

"Alright then...I'll just eat this chocolate frog that I have" Lucy said innocently as she pulled out a chocolate frog then smiled at Fred 

"OK! OK!, I'll tell you" Fred whined, "you're not going to study with Cedric, are you?" 

"Oh...No! No! Of course not..." Lucy muttered as she handed her chocolate frog to Fred and he ate it almost immediately. But Lucy couldn't help but think of when she would study with Cedric, just them two. Her helping him with potions and him helping her with defense against the dark arts. 

Before they all knew it all of them were up in Hogwarts at the Gryffindor table in the great hall eating the first feast of the term. And of course despite the fact Ron had a whole trolley full of sweets on the train he could still manage to pile his plate with food which could reach the ceiling (no exaggeration.) 

Lucy glanced over at the place where the defense against the dark arts teacher normally sat. But there was no one there. She raised an eyebrow then turned to Shona. 

"Do you know who the new defense against the dark arts teacher is?" But before Shona could reply Fred swallowed his food so quickly he almost choked so he could reply. He was desperate to grasp Lucy's attention again like he once had before Cedric caught her eye. 

"Mad-eye Moody, Alastor Mad-eye Moody" he said as he coughed and spluttered. Shona saw this as an opportunity to make everyone laugh yet it was cruel. She slapped him on the back a few times before he finally stopped. 

"Mad-eye? That's an odd name!" 

"Well he is supposed to be mad" Ron shrugged 

"Fair enough" 

"Welcome back to a new year at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore said and everybody's eyes were on him, "this year, as you may or may not know, is a very important year"

"Is Snivels finally going to wash his hair?" Shona yelled out and the entire hall roared with laughter apart from the Slytherins and Snape himself (Lucy tried not to laugh but not one of Shona's jokes failed to make her laugh)

"No, Miss McGuire, but I can assure you something more important is happening"

"Woah this must be good..."

"It is! This year the tri wizard tournament will be held here!"

The hall suddenly grew excited, gasps and cheers came from the students some didn't know what it was but as soon as their friends explained it to them they knew it was very important and special.

"Attention!" The headmaster called out and silence fell almost immediately in respect for him, "now as you know as usual we will be joined by two other school, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, as well as that Mr Crouch will join us as one of the judges" Dumbledore announced as the man himself made his way into the hall and sat down at the teachers table but there was still three seats which were unoccupied

"My god this is event is so rare!" George whispered in Lucy's ear

"Now, if you will, please welcome the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons!"