Expect the unexpected

Chapter 24: Expect the unexpected 

When Lucy arrived in the common room she quickly said the password then stepped inside. She peered around the corner to find Shona and George there. She frowned. She was hoping for Fred to be there too but he wasn't. 

"Hey, Shona, George." Lucy nodded to each of them as she approached them.

"Alright, Lucky? How'd the studying with Cedric go?" Shona asked. 

"Good, I guess. But there were too many awkward silences for my liking," she frowned. "Say, where's Fred?" 

"Upstairs in the boy's dormitories, he seemed a bit depressed so we left him to it." George replied with a shrug. 

"Am I late?" Lucy cringed. 

"Just a little bit, why don't you go up to the boy's dormitories Lee Jordan will let you in." 

"Am I even allowed up there?" 

"Of course, it's only the boy's that aren't allowed in the girl's dormitories." 

"Oh, alright..." 

Lucy straightened up the strap on her bag then approached the stairs and headed up to the boys dormitories. When she found Lee Jordan, Fred and George's dorm she knocked on the door quietly, in fear Lee Jordan would just laugh at her. 

But a moment later Lee Jordan was at the door. "Alright, Snape?" He asked. 

"Yes, thank you. Is Fred there?" Lucy said hopefully. 

"Yeah, he's here. I'll get him for you..." Lee Jordan disappeared and returned with Fred. Fred stepped out of the dormitory and his eyes went wide as he saw Lucy but he smiled. She forced a smile and he took her hand. 

"Alright?" Fred asked. 

"I'm good, yourself?" 

"Great...Great..." 

"So where are we going then?" 

"How about our secret room? Nobody really knows about it." 

"Our?" Lucy frowned. 

"It's ours if you want it to be," Fred smiled. Holding out Lucy's book she had thrown in the water earlier. She took it with thanks and the two headed down to the common room. 

"When are you two getting married?" George joked. 

"Am I invited?" Shona added. 

"I'm fourteen years old!" Lucy snapped. 

"Your point?" 

Lucy rolled her eyes and Fred led her out of the common room and down to the secret room. They entered the room and Lucy headed straight towards the mirror of erised. 

She still saw the same thing. 

"What's up, Lucky?" Fred asked. 

"I wonder what it's like to have a perfect life..." She sighed, turning to face him. "To have your real family that loves you and everything you want in life." 

"You wish Snape was really your dad, don't you?" 

"I wish more than ever." 

"Well," he put his arm around her. "He doesn't have to be your real father for you to know that he loves you." 

"That's true but, Fred?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What do you see in the mirror of erised?"