Starstruck

Chapter ten: Starstruck

"I've got Shona McGuire's autograph!" 

"She signed my textbook!" 

"She signed my prophet!" 

"Can you believe that she fought of vampires with Snape's kid and Snape himself!" 

"I thought Lucy was weak?" 

"Not anymore..." 

Those mutters followed Lucy and Shona all around school the next day, they were centre of attention now. Shona, of course, was enjoying all the fame but Lucy wasn't enjoying it at all. 

"Fame, you've got to love it" Shona sighed 

"I don't love it" Lucy snapped

"You don't have to get all defensive!," Shona said innocently, "Just because I'm more famous than you" 

"I couldn't care less if you were the most famous person in the world, I just don't want to be famous. I don't like all the attention and being chased by camera's frightens me..." Lucy stroked the little remains of the scar on her face. 

"Lucy's new boggart...Cameras...Nice new headline! And the men of Lucy's life, woah - " Shona began but stopped herself as a lady dressed in green, with blonde hair which fell in little curls she was followed by a quick quotes quill and a man with a camera. 

Rita Skeeter had come to Hogwarts. 

"Skeeter!" Shona gasped grabbing Lucy by the back of the robes and dragging her behind a pillar so they wouldn't be attacked by the woman he created rumours and lies. 

"Not her!" Lucy groaned 

"This year at Hogwarts should be interesting. Especially with us just because we kicked some vampires butts" 

"Wish we hadn't now..." 

"Oh come on, Lucky!, You destroyed Snape's love life! That's something of an achievement, or I think so anyway..." 

Rita Skeeter passed the pillar and the two girls held their breath but she didn't notice so they were safe. For now... 

*   *   * 

Lucy and Shona had finally made it to their last lesson of the day. Potions. Lucy had had to drag Shona down to the dungeons despite her moaning and winging that she would have to encounter a whole hour with Snape and she thought she had suffered enough as they had had Divination last lesson. 

"Why potions? Why can't it be defense against the dark arts!" Shona yelled as they walked into the classroom causing everyone to stare. 

"Be quiet, McGuire" Snape rolled his eyes as the two girls took their seats but Shona continued to dramatic cry and complain how un fair her timetable was. 

"Shut up and get the ingredients, would you?" Lucy laughed as Shona lazily got up and fetched all the ingredients as Lucy got out her cauldron. 

As the whole class was working individually today Shona of course struggled at her potion and Lucy finished hers in under five minutes. 

"Lucy" Shona grinned prodding her friend in the arm 

"What is it, Shona?" 

"Can you help me with my potion?" 

"No" 

"Oh come on Miss Snape! Help the McGuire's because they don't help you!" 

"Wow and that's your excuse?"