If only life was as happy as a book

Chapter 23: If only life was as happy as a book

That very next day, it was 5:30 pm on a Friday afternoon. And for once it was actually warm even though winter was drawing closer. And Lucy, Shona, Fred, George, Neville, Harry, Hermione and Ron saw this as a perfect opportunity to enjoy possibly one of the last rays of sunshine they'd get until after the winter (even then it was doubtful.) 

They were all down at the black lake and Shona was trying to impress Ron, Harry and Neville with her tree cimbing skills. Hermione was reading, Fred and George were writing things down in a notebook, Anastasia was admiring the black lake whereas Lucy was sat the furthest away from all of them. Angus loyally at her side as she read the book the Minister gave her. 

Her eyes scanned the book impatiently and couldn't believe that the Minister even gave it to her, it was so pathetic that she didn't even think it was any point having it. 

It was the tale of the knights of course. But unfortunately every single little gory detail had been cut out due to the fact this was a 'child proof version.' 

One sunny day, in a land far away, a King stood there proudly with his sons Arthur and Jonathon. Enjoying the parade that had been set out for them. Everyone was dressed in gold and everyone was applauding the King and his two sons as they went by on their horses. 

But then without warning! A man stepped out in front of the horses! 

"Who are you? And what are you doing on my land?" 

"I am Merlin. I travel from England to watch the King." 

The King frowned. "We do not like magic! You must leave at once!" 

"No Sir!" Young Merlin begged. "I will save your life!" 

Then a war broke out and all the kingdom was scared to death. 

Merlin cowered in England, and didn't pay any attention to the rest of the world. He slowly forgot his humor and laugh. Until one day when he met a man named Sebastian. 

Sebastian and Merlin became great friends just as the King's best friend, Lord Vasil, became King. 

And before long Vasil was defeated and not long afterwards Merlin and Sebastian greeted death like an old friend.

The End. 

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Lucy yelled in frustration, everyone looked at her as she stood up and threw the book in the black lake. 

"Anger issues..." Shona laughed. "Someone's role model is now Snivels!" 

"You'd be angry if you saw that book..." Lucy snarled and she put on a fake cheery voice. "One sunny day! The King and his two sons enjoyed a little parade in their Kingdom! When - oh no! - A man jumped out in front of them and greeted them! AND THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP US?!" 

"Hey wait...I'll get your book, Lucky!" Fred called as he took off his jumper and dived in the lake before anyone could tell him not to. 

"He isn't the brightest, is he?" Anastasia tutted. 

"You can say that again..." Lucy rolled her eyes. 

Moments later, after intense waiting, Fred arose from the water holding a book. "Got it! Got it!" He cheered and swam to the surface.

Lucy took the book off of him and threw it behind her, much to Fred's disappointment, then pulled him out of the water. He shook himself off and shuddered at the cold.