A living nightmare

Chapter 19: A living nightmare

It was three o'clock in the morning and Lucy had literally just awoke from, yet another, a nightmare. But this one, just like the last, she swore was real. But then again she still had her doubts as it was only just a dream. A figment of her imagination. 

In her nightmare Kingston was there, as well as that tall man again named 'Zuc.' But instead of sitting in a pub, Zuc was actually on some sort of throne. Kingston was stood in front of him, speaking to his master. 

"It won't be long now, my Mighty," Kingston had grinned. "We'll destroy both Snape's and the McGuire girl and then we'll have the orb...That way we will finally have the power again." 

"And which order do you suggest we kill them in?" Zuc asked curiously. 

"McGuire first...She's the worst, Snape won't care but his daughter I'm sure will be upset, then we'll have Snape and his daughter can cry a river over him. By this time she'll be begging for death, we'll kill her last and take the orb from her clutches." 

"Excellent...But when shall we proceed with the plan?" 

"That's up to you, My Lord, entirely up to you. After all, you are in charge..." 

After that, though, Lucy awoke and didn't hear anymore. She was absolutely terrified that this dream could be real and her best friend could be killed. As well as her dad...

She felt that she couldn't tell Snape about this dream and it wasn't worth disturbing him just to talk to him about something that she thought was real but was only a dream. 

It was just a dream. 

It was just a dream. 

It was just a dream. 

Lucy kept repeating this to herself and before long she had made her way down to the living room and was pouring herself out a drink of water. She took sips from it and just breathed calmly when she thought the nightmare was going to come back to her. 

She repeated the exercise until she completely calm and actually had enough confidence to go back to bed and try and get a bit more sleep until she actually had to get up and endure another day of lessons. 

And just to keep herself going she reminded herself that soon she would finally study with Cedric in the library. She'd go and see Shona, later on, to get her to cheer her up. The days events seemed thrilling until - 

Smash. 

Lucy had dropped the glass of water and was kneeling down on the floor, the glass already cutting her legs. But she was too scared to notice. She knew her nightmare was real as she was slipped into it while she was awake...

"Or why don't we torture Lucy until her death? It would be pretty interesting don't you think? We'll have the orb and we'll be able to destroy the weakest enemy, slowly but painfully!" Kingston laughed 

"Simply brilliant! Or if you're really feeling brave, instead of using silly wizard magic; you can bite her...Turn her evil, turn her into one of us...And we could switch the plan. Her into a vampire and Snape can watch as he loses the only thing that matters to him in life!" Zuc yelled in triumph. 

"We will destroy them like our kind was many years ago...But worse..." 

And before Lucy knew what she was doing, she was screaming. Her face in her hands and her elbows on her knees. It was as though she was having some sort of metal breakdown and couldn't care less if she bled to death, as the big shard of glass had created a puddle of blood around her.