The Champions are Chosen

Chapter twelve: The Champions are Chosen

For the rest of the afternoon Lucy sat in Snape's quarters and studied like she had been told. She copied out the notes she'd taken in class and attempted to cram all the information she'd learnt so far into her brain.

Snape stood over her her, feeling a little guilty over his tone earlier. "How is the studying going?"

"Good," Lucy lied, she thought the boredom was going to kill her. Her quill scratched incessantly against her parchment as she glanced between her old notes and her new ones.

"Take a break," he peered at all she'd done so far. "You have company."

The words had barely left his lips when the door swung open revealing Shona carrying a stack of books and quills precariously.

"Hi, Lucky and Snapeadoodle!" She called from behind the stack.

Snape grumbled something about the nickname beside as Shona set down her pile at the table Lucy was working at. She took a seat and Lucy handed over her notes when Snape wasn't looking.

"Here," Lucy said simply.

"Are you sure?"

"You'll only chase me for them later."

Shona snatched up the notes. "You're not wrong."

Lucy spun the orb across the table as Shona began copying Lucy's notes for Charms. It was only when Shona looked up she stopped spinning it.

"Yes, Shona?" Lucy asked confused by her friends sudden pause in writing

"The orbs glowing."

"What? Oh, cool."

"No it's not, that's suspicious," Shona eyed it warily, her voice worried.

"What's wrong?" Snape asked looking up from his work.

"The orb is glowing," Shona said snatching the orb from Lucy and waving it under Snape's nose.

"That doesn't seem right."

"Obviously! It hasn't done that since I grabbed it from the Basilisks mouth but even then it died down, this doesn't seem right for some reason."

Snape got up and went over to examine the orb but didn't dare touch it. Lucy stood next to him worriedly as Shona just stared at it fixated.

"What do we do?" Lucy asked tugging on Snape's arm

"I don't know..." Snape said, he stepped forward but then his eyes widened in shock, "TAKE COVER!" Snape yelled all of a sudden, he grabbed Lucy and shoved her under a table and then followed.

But as the two Snape's took cover, poor Shona was slammed against the wall causing books to fly everywhere. Shona groaned and despite the fact Snape was trying to protect Lucy she couldn't restrain herself as she needed to help her friend, she ran over to Shona who was laying on a pile of books.

"Oh my gosh!, Shona!, Are you alright!" Lucy gasped covering her mouth with her hands

"Er yeah, these books are more comfortable than they seem...Wow I think I've broken my arm..." She groaned

"Dad! We have to get her to the hospital wing!"

"It's so kind of you to let me rent out your second home, Lucky..."