The three unforgivable curses

Chapter thirteen: The three unforgivable curses

"Alright, Snape?" 

Lucy was sitting outside the great hall on the front steps and wanted to cry her heart out. Even though Snape had promised her she wouldn't die, something inside of her told her she wasn't going to have too much longer on this earth. She looked up and saw Shona, she had a sympathetic smile on her face as she sat down next to Lucy. 

"Fine unless you exclude the fact I'm going to die, you?" 

"I'm good. You won't die by the way, if vampires can't tear you to shreds neither can the tri wizard tournament" 

Lucy looked at her friend worriedly, "people die in the tournament! I've heard there are the most brutal tasks and someone like me to face them? I don't think so" 

"You've got your friends though" Shona said poking Lucy's arm, "you've got a couple of gingers, one that's your boyfriend, a shiny toothed weirdo whom you go fan girl over, you've got Snivels and you've got me the girl who's fluent in sarcasm"

"Thanks, Shona, but do you think I'm going to survive?" 

" 'Course you will, I'll even help you out - if I have to" This caused Lucy to laugh as usual, "so where did the greasy git go?" 

"He went to Dumbledore's office to discuss me and Harry - oh I do feel sorry for Harry, he doesn't have any family, no one to fall back on" 

"He's got Ronald and Hermione" 

"Only Hermione now" Lucy sighed and Shona looked at her confused, "Ron took envy to the fact Harry got his name drawn out of the goblet of fire and think he wants all the glory and fame it's because Ron always has his family to compete with and Harry always gets attention as he's the boy-who-lived" 

"That sucks, well I just came to fetch you because Skeeter's prowling around the castle looking for some unfortunate to interview" 

"Where should we go? I can't go to the common room I'll be attacked" 

"Why don't we go down to the dark side of the castle, also known as your dad's dungeons, c'mon - " 

The two of them headed down to the dungeons and when they arrived Lucy unlocked the door so they could go to Snape's quarters so Shona could destroy the place. Lucy sat in Snape's usual seat and picked up the prophet and flicked through the page, careful not to rip it. 

"Does Snape ever clean this place?" Shona wrinkled her nose as she dragged her finger along a shelf of books then sneezed. 

"No but I take pleasure in doing it, I only cleaned that shelf yesterday but I guess I'll have to re-do it tomorrow" She sighed sarcastically

"Fair enough..." She muttered 

Shona moved herself over to another shelf and saw the little figures she had asked Snape about in her third year and he had begrudgingly told her. She was tempted to pick one up but thought it was best not to as they could easily break, or so they looked like they were. 

Shona looked at Lucy, her eyes were scanning the prophet and she looked rather angrily at the small print as though they were communicating with her and trying to win some sort of battle. The way she looked at the moment made her look almost a bit terrifying, her long brown wavy hair had turned to coal black, much like Snape's. Her eyes had turned a light brown yet her skin colour was the same. She was obviously angry and Shona wasn't surprised. 

"Why black hair?" Shona asked 

"What?" She snapped looking up, "oh, right - I didn't realise that" and Lucy desperately tried to return her hair to it's orginal colour and with a bit of encouragement it did, her eyes returned to their usual green giving her back her usual look.