Blood on the Knife

Chapter 40: Blood on the Knife

At last, Lucy hit the ground, the right ground. She was back on the Quidditch pitch but not in the dreaded maze, she was outside the maze and it was pitch black but the crowds were still there, they were still cheering but some looked confused as though they had been waiting for her. But right now all she wanted to do was close her eyes and fall asleep, or pass out due to loss of blood, she didn't care which as long as she escaped reality for a little while...

"LUCKY!" Shona yelled from the crowds what felt like years later. 

"McGuire! I told you to stop - Lucy?" Lucy now heard Snape's voice and somehow forced herself to stay with it, even though whatever was in her back was starting to really pain her. 

"It's her! Look! Over there! Holding the cup!" Shona protested and Lucy could just imagining her doing some sarcastic gesture to get Snape to notice Lucy. 

"Oh my gosh..." 

And the next thing Lucy knew, someone took the cup from her hands and Snape was there next to her. When Lucy had the strength to open her eyes she saw his shocked expression and for some reason she had guessed that he knew that she had seen Lord Zuc. It was clear to her now that the orb had given Snape the power of seeing the future. 

"Minerva, get Madam Pomfrey immediately before my daughter bleeds to death!" Snape ordered, his voice seemed harsh to Lucy even though it was the tone he usually used. 

"She's got something in her back, Snivels..." Shona whispered. 

"It's a knife..." 

"You'll have to pull it out before it kills her, you know." 

Lucy looked up slightly and saw Snape's terrified look, but he knew he had to do it. With one hand he took one of Lucy's hand with the other grabbed hold of the knife, he looked close to tears now but he gritted his teeth and with jerk he pulled the knife from her back and tears fell from her eyes. 

"I'll heal her wounds until Madam Pomfrey gets here," Snape spoke up again, his voice cracking. 

And as time passed by Lucy felt better and even though she closed her eyes she knew that not only Snape was healing her, so was Madam Pomfrey and before long she was able to sit up unaided and take in her surroundings even though her leg and back still hurt. 

"What's wrong with Cedric's father, dad?" Lucy asked all of a sudden and Snape glanced over at him and all the weeping Hufflepuff's. "What happened? What did I miss?" 

"Mr Diggory, he..." Snape paused. "Cedric Diggory, he's dead..."

"W-What?" Lucy squeaked her voice so low. 

"He's dead. Harry faced Voldemort and Cedric was killed by, according to Harry, Wormtail. He's in hysterics just like you, in fact I think ol' Snivels was close to tears because everyone thought you were dead too, it's a relief you're back though." Shona said as Madam Pomfrey walked away to heal Harry's few wounds. 

"I met Lord Zuc," Lucy whispered and Shona stared at her as though she'd just done something completely ridiculous. "He fought me, hence my wounds, he tried to kill me but he didn't. I outsmarted him...Kind of..." 

"You met Lord Zuc?" Shona repeated but Snape didn't look too shocked for he had already seen this. "And you fought him?"

"I believe he threw the knife in my back too." 

"I still can't get over that..." 

"Neither can I but at least it's over with, right? And now the tri wizard cup is over there's not much to worry about...So who won then?"