(1)

Edited for the last time I hope ha! I wanted to finish "Unexceptional you" but this needed to be edited. That's ON HOLD for now.

8 years ago...

It was that time of year again. Back to school.
That moment that every eighth grader dreads.

After having the best summer ever kids are forced to go back to school, hell. September is the worst month in the world, kids are taken unwillingly to school wearing jackets and scarfs instead of shirts and skirts due to the terrible weather changes, global warming is a thing people! Wake up.

That's not so bad you say? Try  having it snow in September.

My mother had packed my lunch for me today, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich toasted on Rye. I grabbed my Marvel Avengers bag pack and ran quickly down the steps, taking my lunch box from my mother.

The school bus honked outside informing it was time to go.

"Okay have a good day at school baby"

"I will ma" she kissed my cheeks and hugged me tightly.

Another furious honk and I was out the door, slamming it behind me. I jumped into the yellow school bus taking a seat in the second row, next to me were my best friends Kendyl and her brother Porter.

I sat at the end closest to the aisle.
"So what are you having for lunch?" Kendyl asked

I opened my box showing her the contents. Her eyes filled with joy.
"Wanna switch?" Her mouth watering at the thought of my yummy looking sandwich.

"What do you have?" I asked leaning into her.

She opened her sparkly pink lunch box, it contained a tuna fish sandwich, grapes, apples, juice and a peach yogurt.

"I don't really like tuna but I'll give you my skittles for your fruits" I bargained

"Deal!" We swapped lunches just as the bus came to  halt picking up a group of rowdy kids.

I looked up.

It was them. The most horrible group of kids from our school, they always got kicked out of classes and bullied other students. Tormented them into doing their homework and stealing people's lunches.

"Hey look it's Meladork"

Trevor, the biggest one of all, teased.

"Her name's Melanie" Kendyl defended.

"Shut up four eyes. Sit your pale looking ass down"

Kendyl's race reddened

"Leave her alone!" I hissed at him. What a jerk!

"What you gonna do about it?" he moved closer, towering over me, I stood up not backing down.

"At least I don't have a unibrow" I snapped