Bonus Chapter (21) Trigger Warning

HELLO BABIES! Wasn't planning on doing another bonus chapter atm but why not. I previously hinted about something traumatizing that had happened to Melanie, that had a really huge impact of who she is today. Her self esteem, her confidence and why she acts the way she does when it comes to love and being with her significant other. It's pretty long but I won't be posting the epilogue just yet. Hang tight and enjoy. ❤️
-------

Found this cute guy. He's hot as hell.
He plays Mike Lewis.

The Night That Changed Everything....

__________
"Congratulations. I heard you're pregnant" the woman siting in front  of me said.

"Thank you"

I shifted in my seat, uncrossing and recrossing my legs.

"You're husband be excited, being first time dad and all"

I nodded smiling wholeheartedly

"Yeah. He's excited we can't wait to know the gender"

"I heard you're-" she looked at a paper she was holding, then back at me.

"—three months along?"

"Yes. Jordan wants to know the gender at the gender revealing party this weekend" she nodded adding a soft smile.

She sighed readjusting her glasses.

"Are you finally ready to talk?" She gazed long and hard at me, not to intimidate but to read my body language. I won't let her.

"No" I fiddled with my unmanicured nails.

"Melanie. You have to say something, anything. This is not on the record" she pleaded from behind her dark wooden desk.

"I know that Regina"

Regina, my therapist, closed a few files on her desk, lacing her fingers.
They were mine, all of them were mine.

"Melanie. Please let's not do this again, not today"
I rolled my eyes scoffing

"Yeah well you're getting paid wether or not I actually talk to you so..." I rambled staring down at my chubby fingers.

"Melanie"

She removed her glasses

"You are my niece. My family. I care. I don't give a rat's ass if I get paid or not. You need to talk about it, this is not healthy"

I sighed. She was right. This trauma was hindering me from moving on, I needed to let go.

"Okay" I breathed sitting up in my seat.
Regina put her glasses back on, with a notebook    and pen in hand she began to write.

"It was seven years ago and I was this party with Kendyl..."

Seven years ago.

Kendly and I were getting ready to go to our first high school party.

"Just got the record. Who's Kendyl?" Regina asked

"My best friend"

"Okay" I continued

"Are you sure your mom said it's okay for us to go?"

I told my mom I was spending the night at Kendyl's not that we were going to a party.

"Yeah she said it was fine as long as Porter comes." she giggled applying her mascara.