(17)

My Story*

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE. HELLO BABIES,THIS A LATE UPDATE. I JUST WANTED TO UPLOAD A CHAPTER MORE INTO MELANIE LIFE, HER PAST IMPACTED WHO SHE WAS AND WHO SHE WILL BECOME. NOT HAVING A FATHER FIGURE AROUND, HER MOTHER ALWAYS WORKING MADE IT HARD FOR HER TO COMMUNICATE AND KNOW WHAT LOVE REALLY WAS.

BUT ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.!! FOLLOW FOR MORE UPDATES :)

1 year and 3 months later....

It was cold winter morning in New York. I was walking down the street to my dorm building.

My mitten covered hands were in the pockets of my black downs coat. The wind whipped my hair in my face as I struggled to see the cross light.

It was about twenty degrees outside but it felt like fourteen, the news had said. I took a piece of used tissue, I had in my pocket and wiped my nose. I felt awful; I was cold, hungry , cold and hungry!

I was five minutes away from New York University.

I walked up the steps to building C. Entering the warm lobby, I sighed.

"Ahh so warm." I took off my beanie and ran my fingers through my straight hair, which by now was flat and frizzy.

Making my way towards the elevator, I looked around the lobby that was almost deserted. Students ran back and forth to and fro classes.

The heated lobby warmed my body all over, it tingled with pleasure as I took off my gloves.

"Hey Melanie" I turned around. It was a blonde haired girl with baby blue eyes, she had many freckles that spread across her nose. I knew her.

"Hey Tiffany. What's up?" She's Tiffany from my Biology 101 class, she sits in the front of the room, I sat behind her.

"I'm good. I was just headed up to the lounge . We're having a little end of semester get together. Wanna come?"

"Umm well, actually someone is waiting on me..." I trailed off, the elevator dinged.

"You can bring them too. Come on." She took my hand in hers.

"It'll be a lot of fun" I smiled at her genuinely.

"Okay I'll come but not right now. I have an important call to make"

I told her stepping into the elevator. She stood outside waving.

Her room was down the hall from the lounge.

"Okay see you there. It starts at 3" she waved again as the doors closed.

Checking my watch I sighed. It was 2:20, I don't want to be late. I got off at the third floor walking quickly to my dorm room.

My dorm mate Stephanie was on the phone when I got in.

"Hey girl" the perky redhead smiled at me.

"Hey Steph.."

"Yeah yeah I know the drill. I'm leaving. I'll leave you to it, I'll be in Emily's room if you need me" She left the room.

I took off my jacket hanging it on the coat hanger, scarf too. I sat at the computer desk opening my laptop. It was now 2:25, I smiled.

He was already there waiting for me.

"Melanie"

"Jordan" I smiled at my boyfriend who was 5,000 miles away from me. I missed him so much.