(15)

Today was Porter's engagement party.

I didn't want to go but Kendyl forced me. I decided to bring Jordan with me for moral support and most of all closure.

Kendyl and I were at the mall looking for an outfit for the dinner. I wanted to wear a romper but Kendyl insisted that I wore a dress.

"You have to let my brother know what he's an absolute idiot for what he did to you. " she was determined to find me the perfect dress

"It's fine Kay. I forgave him, if he's happy I am too. For him I mean-"

I turned to her
"-you get that right?" I questioned to clarify.

"Duh Mel I'm not an idiot" she rolled her eyes fingering the fabric on each individual hanger.

"-good. And besides, I have Jordan. I love him" I confessed remembering Valentine's Day.

"You what!?" She screamed out of disbelief

"Shhhh! Will you be quiet!?" I hissed covering her mouth.

"Mm doouysdj" she said

"What?" I moved my hand wiping her saliva from my palm.

"I said are you sure?"

"Yeah. I love him" this time I looked at her

"Oh my gosh Mel this is big!" She took my hand in her hands jumping up and down in excitement.

"Have you told him?"

"Yes I did and he loves me too" I grinned at her . I told her about meeting  his parents, our special dinner and a drive in movie. A few months back, everything after that became so easy and was perfect .

"He asked me to marry him" I blurted

Her eyes grew wide as I continued
"—but I'm not sure if he meant it. It was a mere spur of the moment. We were just kissing and he said it"

Deep down I really hoped it wasn't. Marriage was a huge step for me, for us. We're still in high school, heck I just turned 18 but I'm sure I want this.

"Mel that's-"

"-it's huge I know. I feel like I'm ready but I'm not. I don't know, everything is confusing" a huge grin spread across my face.

"Oh Mel I'm so happy for you doll" she giggled pulling me into her arms.

We resumed the process of searching through the racks of dresses once again.

"Thanks Kay, that means a lot. I just need him to meet my mom. She's been extremely busy for the past few weeks.

I sometimes feel like Jordan doubts my motives. I just don't want him to think, I don't want him to meet her. You know"

It had dawned on me a week ago when he kept asking me, I continuously told him she's working. He consistently makes a face before brushing it off.

"Invite her to dinner, it's after the engagement party. I'm sure she could make that" I smiled at Kendyl

"That's great idea. See this why you're my best friend" I hugged her lovingly

"Ooooh I found the perfect dress" she exclaimed pulling out a pearled bodice number with spaghetti straps.

The top half of the dress was embroidered with countless pearls, and had a sweetheart neckline.

The skirted half was burgundy, with a satin like material.

"Yes, this is perfect. With my hair straightened it would be incredible."

I looked at the price tag and my heart dropped.