(8)

4 years ago...

It was almost the end of a full day of school, and my friends and I were waiting to be dismissed by the teacher, along with our classmates.

"LOL" a girl said laughing from the back of the room, she wrote something down on a piece of paper and passed it behind her.

A couple of students were passing notes and having silent conversations.

I rolled my eyes continuing to finish up my work that we were assigned to do.

"Psssst!" Someone said from behind me. I ignored them.

"Ppsssttt hey!" The person called even louder poking my shoulder. I turned around and hissed

"What!?"

"Miss Garcia what part of NO taking don't you understand?"
My teacher yelled.

Sighing, I turned around furiously in my seat.

"Sorry Miss H" I apologized resting my cheek on my hand, not wanted to write anymore.

5 minutes left....

A minute went by and the kid behind me, Kevin, started to poke me again.

"What?" I whispered quietly this time.

"Is your name Melanie?" He asked.

Kevin and I have been in the same classes since elementary school and he still didn't take the initiative to know my name.

I looked at a small piece of paper folded on his desk.

He must be one of the note passers.

"Yes Kevin. What is it?" I squinted at him.

Kendyl shifted in her seat on the right of me.

She glared at Kevin, who ignored her.

"No reason" he grinned writing something on the folded paper passing it back.

I turned back around in my seat confused.

Guys are so confusing. I hate 9th grade!

"Mr. Malcom!" Miss. Harrison called to Kevin.

He jumped in his seat shoving the note in his unopened book. Apparently he wasn't quick enough because Miss. H took the paper out of his book, walking back to the front of the class unfolding it.

Loud whispers from the back erupted.

"Kevin you idiot" someone said

"Kevin you moron now she's going to read it!" I heard Porter say from the last seat in the back the room.

He sat with the "cool kids" or what Kendyl and I call them, the "dumbasses", we named them by numbers. Kevin was dumbass number two.

"Students. How many times have I spoken to you all about passing notes in my class?"