(11) Part 2

Juicy stuff warning ⚠️
Thanks for reading ❤😁

"That was an awesome performance.
You know you should sing for us right now" Delilah stated smiling knowingly

"Yeah, that would be great" Kendyl said taking a seat on the sofa.

"Okay fine" I got up and restarted the CD.

~~~
Today was the last night for a full dress rehearsal and I was short one body. My leading lady Avery, a junior with a voice from God, was nowhere to be found.

I was freaking out, my "assistant" Porter was calm.

"Relax Mel she'll be here" he tried to reassure me.

"Relax! RELAX? How can I relax when my leading actress isn't here! No text! No phone call. NOTHING!" I checked my phone again for the 10th time.

Sighing, I gathered up the cast.

"I guess lets just-"

"SORRY I'M LATE MY MOTHER-" Avery ran into the auditorium panting

Thank God!

"It's fine let's just get through dress rehearsal quickly" I hurried her backstage

"I told you she'd be here" Porter bragged from behind me.

I could feel him breathing down my back. Literally.

"Yeah well—can you take like 5 steps back, you're-" I turned around and realized how close he was.

His face was 3 inches from mine.

My breathing suddenly stopped, he was staring right down at me, so intensely I felt like I was melting.

"Melanie I-" I quickly took a step back clearing my throat

"Was I interrupting something?" Miles a senior and leading male asked

"No! What is it?"

"Avery can't get into her dress, the zipper is stuck"

"Christ" I hissed climbing onto the stage running to the back.

"What happened?"
~

The rehearsal went great and I was home tired as hell. My body gave in as soon as I laid flat on my bed.

"Uggghhhhhh" I groaned out

"Well someone's a little grumpy" a voice said

I jumped up scared shitless

"Damn it how the hell did you get into my room?"

"Your mom let me up"

Creep.

Porter said flipping the chair around folding his arms on the back.

"Why are you here?" I sat on the edge of the bed aggravated.

"I needed to talk to you" he said resting his chin on his hand, watching my every move.

"You shouldn't be here. You could of asked me"

Even though he and I both knew I was going to say no.

"You don't answer my calls. What else am I supposed to do" he argued straightening up.

"Not speak to me!"

"Mel come one. We've been best friends since daycare, you know me by now. I don't give up" he stated walking towards me.

"I thought I knew you. I guess I was wrong" I got up headed for the door.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He grabbed my wrist pulling me back

"Mel look at me"

"Don't touch me" he released his grip shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"You did this! You ruined us not me!" I hissed running my fingers through my tangled hair in frustration.

"Look I know I'm sorry. I really do like you Mel, a lot-"

"But not enough to go out with" I said looking away with tears streaming down my face.

"I love you Mel. I always will. You're my best friend. But Renae- I don't know she's—We've been through a lot together" I nodded staring down at the floor

"I'm sorry. I love her and I asked her to marry me-"

That caught my attention

"What? But we're still in highschool "

"After we graduate I'm going to Morgan State University with her. And she already said yes"

I was shocked.
Speechless. I couldn't speak.

The tears stopped, I had none left.

This was it. The end of me and Porter.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you. I was planning on telling my mom at the party tonight. I want you to be there when I tell her"

That's tonight?

I nodded

"Okay"

I'm not sure why I said it but I did.

"I loved you too"

Standing on the tip of my toes, I softly kissed him passionately one last time. Lingering briefly.

Releasing him I opened the door.
"I have to get ready then "

"Oh right.I'll just leave-"

Closing the door behind me I headed for the shower with my clothes still on. I sat in the tub, cold water beating down my back, numbing the pain.

Porter was marrying her and there I was nothing I could do about it.

Awe poor Mel! Do you think Porter will go through with it after that kiss? Or will Melanie finally move on from her high school crush? Find out in the next chapter ❤️