(18)

I woke up laying on something soft, I felt cool air blowing on my skin.

"Mel, are you okay?" the voice of Steph sounded far away, like I was somewhere else, not in my physical body.

"Oww" I moaned out in pain, rubbing my forehead.

"Thank God you're awake"

I blinked a few times, adjusting to the bright light.

I stared at the white ceiling.
Where the heck was I?

Stephanie's head came into view, she looked down at me smiling . Her eyes filling with tears.

"Oh my gosh Mel you scared the crap out of me" she reached over and hugged me genuinely, I winched in pain.

Why was I in pain? What happened?

"Where am I?" I asked trying to sit myself up.

Stephen noticed and help me.

"You're in the nurse's office. I'll go get her" She left quickly. I watched her retreating figured walk out the door.

I glanced around the room, white walls, no pictures mostly medical supplies. A single cot with blue bedding, was the only colorful thing in the room.

The nurse entered the room, removing the stethoscope from around her neck, she checked my heartbeat.

"Breathe in and out for me honey"
I did what I was told glancing over at Steph, who was biting down on her nail, a nervous habit she had.

"You should be fine for now. But take these pills and drink lots of water. If you seem to have any more of those panic attacks, come back and see me"

I looked at the bottle she gave me. I had to take them twice a day, after eating and drink plenty of water.

"Okay" my voice was barely above a whisper.

The nurse left the room. Steph approached my bedside, taking a seat next to me.

"What happened to you?"
I looked down at the bottle in my hand.

Sighing,
I shook my head

"I-I don't know" I did know. I remember everything clearly now. It was because of him why I had panic attack. The horrid memories of that night came flooding back to me. Leo triggered those horrible memories.

He wasn't the one who did it to me. He didn't sexually harass me and raped me. No he didn't. It was my own fault.

If only..

I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt the wetness.

"Oh sweetheart" she rubbed my back. I rest my head on her shoulder and cried.

3 weeks later...

It was time.

He was coming home. It was around 10:30am and I was sitting at my new home, a condo close to the school that I rented for the holidays.

Only ten more minutes.

Suddenly the bell rang, I hurriedly ran to the door with a huge grin. To my disappointment it was Steph.

"Hey" I walked back into the living room.

"Well I'm glad to see you too" she laughed closing the door behind her.

"Yeah sorry. I'm glad to see to too. I'm just really excited that Jordan's coming home, I miss him so much." I confessed glancing at my phone again.