(3)

It was 10am and I woke up slowly taking in my surroundings. This wasn't Kendyl's room.

I tried to sit myself up but an arm prevented me from doing so. I turned my head to the left to see Porter fast asleep, soft snores escaped from him. I smiled at the sleeping man in front of me.

I hadn't noticed the light freckles that spread across his nose or how long his lashes were that they touched his cheek when he slept.

Oh this man was so beautiful.

I laid back resting my head on my folded hand. Hesitantly I took my finger and traced the outline of his face, thick unplucked eyebrows, the shape of his pointed nose, and the outline of his lips.

His lips were shaped like a heart, the top smaller than the bottom. I ran my thump slowly across his lower lip, pulling it down exposing the  bottom row of his teeth. I ran my fingers through his messy hair which was now curly and matted.

I continued my trail to the light scruff forming on his chin and upper lip, from not recently shaving.

He groggily moved, slowly opening his eyes.

Can he see me?  Oh god.

His gaze went from my eyes to my lips. Leaning in closer, he kissed me softly. More soft snores came from him.

What the hell? He sleep kisses?

I decided that the best thing right now is go into Kendyl's room before he wakes up for real this time.

Slowly lifting his arm, I placed it at his side. I quickly tip toed out the room closing the door behind me.

My mind was racing with so many questions but my heart knew the answers to them.

Yup I liked Porter... a lot. My decision became final, I will avoid Porter at all costs. I can't let my emotions cloud my judgment, especially since he was a taken. I won't be a home wrecker.

I went in to Kendyl's room who was wide awake and texting with a large grin plastered on her face.

Well at least someone's happy.

She looked up from her phone staring at me for second.

"Where were you?" She asked texting away

"I spent the night in your brother's room" I spoke softly climbing into bed behind her.

"You what!?" She placed her phone on the night table turning her full attention to me.

"What? It's nothing. He came home drunk and I took care of him.." I trailed off avoiding for her surprised expression.

"Did you guys...you know-"
"Did we what?- sleep together?"
"Yeah"

I gagged even though the thought of me and Porter having sex wasn't terrible.

"God no. I took him to his room. He asked me to stay with him and I did" I left out the part where Porter kissed me in his sleep. She didn't need to know that. Not yet.

"Hmmm. Okay" she said going back to her texting.

~|~|~