Chapter 50: Settled

"Yes!" I shout in joy and almost suffocate when Dongwoo jolts forward and holds me close with an air of disbelief. Shouts of happiness and approval fill the air around us and I hear Hyunjoo die in the background. If that has a sound.

I said yes, taking the voice of the majority. Who am I kidding, I took my voice. I want Jang Dongwoo and I'll finally have him. My Dongwoo.

I feel my happy tears on my cheek and drown in Dongwoo, temporarily blocking out all the noise around and just focusing on his heartbeat that's so loud and as fast as mine. "I love you too." I finally say it in his ear, making sure he hears it over all the noise.

He snaps his head out of my shoulder but my hands stay around his neck as I watch his shocked face, I press my lips together in a sure smile before he catches my lips between his and kisses me hard, making everyone around boo at us. And I didn't care, because I pulled him into me and kissed him back, harder.

This is the dream I've been having, this is what I want and it's happening. I'll let everything go, I don't mind anymore. This is worth all the struggle. "It took you long enough." I separate our lips and smile hazily.

"I was always yours." Dongwoo replies, eyes boring intensely into mine as my heart skips multiple beats. "And you'll always be mine, SoEun."

That just happened.

_ _ _

The weeks that follow are as blurry as the year that preceded after his father's death and the chaos of pain I drowned into. I couldn't forget the torture, but the amendments felt much better to remember. So like any human being, I picked the easier yet it wasn't just the easier choice but it was also the better one.

Me and my girls, parents and the boys had lots to do. The lots we had to do were something, and the media was something else. It was disastrous but Sungyeol saved us, he planned with everyone to set all the wedding preparations before we go public to keep me indoors while the fans shock dies down.

"Isn't he just genius? My bias is just great." Hyunjoo boasts as Kyungjoo texts on her phone.

"But hey," Kyungjoo talks, eyes on her phone still, "inspirits are really nice fans. Like the nicest and most innocent fandom I've ever--"

"Can you shut up?" Hyunjoo argues, reading something that I don't notice between the lines, "you're offending Armys right now, and that won't make any of Bangtan happy." Oh-uh.

"As if you'll let them know, if they go as far as reading a few of our mentions then we'll be in deep sh--"

"What do you write in your mentions?" I stop staring at my wedding jewelry and ask.

"Huh?" Hyunjoo's cheeks betray a blush.

"Nothing?" Kyungjoo's face turns too blank to the point you know she's avoiding something.

Now Kyungjoo is the type of girl who has lots of sides to her, she's serious when she needs to be and light headed the whole time, but I'm sure her numbness did the trick. It must be the trick to Namjoon, she cares less just right, she acts patient when Namjoon needs her to be and she's such a mood maker.

I noticed the problems they face, with BTS growing bigger and bigger as her hold loosens on my best friend while she watches him fade away but there is something about her. She doesn't speak up, it's like she maneuvers anything that would make her realize the problems happening around. As I said, numb but not heartless. So unique, Namjoon won't let her go.