34

" Often, often oh I do this often."

Derek's music plays in the background as we stand against the venues counter. I turn to look at him and he gazes down at his feet before taking a deep sigh and looking up in front of him at the stage.

" So what happened?" I ask him as we stand, listening to some unenjoyable music and thinking deeply about his memories and my possible theories as to why he's always so worried about me being near Alex.

" it all started on the first day," he says looking at me quickly before gazing back up at the stage and continuing to talk. " after I went to kiss you and you rejected me." He says with a laugh...

Flashback-

The music radiates from the bus as Derek steps up to it and begins to pound on the door. The door doesn't open for a while but eventually a frowning Jamie opens it and let's him in. Derek doesn't bother to be polite and simply waltz in, searching for him.

" She's a pain in the arse but you should see her rose buds lads." Alex laughs, tipping his head back and downing the bottle while he talks to Nick and Matt in the buses lounge area. Nick laughs by his side sincerely and Matt painfully laughs, not exactly getting the sense of humor behind the joke.

" Hey fucker." Derek calls to Alex and he looks up and gazes at him, a smirk implanting his lips once he sees the enraged look on Derek's face. He lifts himself and straightens up his coat and shirt before gazing up at Derek with his usual smug look.

" What can I help you with Mate?" Alex asks with a laugh before looking around at his bandmates. Jamie and Matt roll their eyes while Nick simply looks around at them as well.

" Me and you need to talk." Derek demands before turning around and beginning to make his way towards the door. Alex doesn't move at first and simply stays put with his smug look but when Derek turns back to look at him with a deadly glare he sighs in his spot and begins to follow him. They make their way outside and once Alex's feet touch the gravel Derek begins to shout once more. " What the fuck did you do this time?" He shouts and Alex lifts his hands in surrender as he laughs, amused by Derek's agitation towards something he presumes he did.

" Now relax lad." He says with a light laugh to which Derek groans in his spot and rolls his eyes. Alex's smug look stays implanted on his face and he begins to speak once more, intrigued by the frustration in Derek and the possible cause of it. " Now, what's going on?" He asks and Derek rolls his eyes.

" Like you don't already know." He scoffs kicking the gravel under his feet and digging his fingernails into the palm of his hands as he clutches his fists together. His anger is beginning to take over and he can't control himself as he begins to yell at Alex once more. " Why can't you just mind your own fucking business for once!" He shouts and this time Alex steps back, shocked by his loud and hate drenched reaction. " You always got to get involved in everyone else's shit! First Amy now this!" Derek continues to yell.

" I have no bloody idea what you're talking about!" Alex shouts back, beginning to get agitated with the fact that Derek keeps shouting at him. Derek groans once more and pulls at his small strands of hair, getting annoyed by the fact that he's denying it. He's not sure what he did exactly but he knows that he did something. He always does.

" The new girl." Derek states and Alex's eyebrows furrow at the mention of some 'new girl'. " Jocelyn." Derek continues on but nothing comes to Alex. He shakes his head and Derek rolls his eyes at the indecency of him. He could at least have known her name before he did whatever he did. " the new stage manager." He groans and Alex finally nods his head, realizing who he's been talking about.