40

" All my loving,
I will send to you."

Nick belts loudly in the lounge area of their bus. I laugh lightly and we all clap once he's done entertaining us with his audition to be the new frontman of the Arctic Monkeys. After Alex practically told me I had no choice but to ride in the bus with him we made our way there and came inside to find the rest of the guys arguing on why Nick could or could not overshadow Alex in a singing performance. Which then proceeded to turn into a very competitive singing competition of who would be more suitable to be the singer of the band, a job I never imagined Alex losing.

The guys laugh and spit out comments about his cheesy performance but I sit, clapping and watching intently from across the couch as Alex rolls his eyes and claps, a smile tugging at his lips at his friend and bandmate trying to take his job. I'm sure that he knows there's no way he's going to take his job. Nicks voice isn't absolutely horrid but Alex's voice is authentic and unique in a very pleasing way.

"Well lads, now let's let the professionals do it right." Alex says to which Nick scoffs playfully while the others laugh. Nick sits down and Alex takes his spot in front of the couch, clearing his throat and making a scene as he prepares himself to perform in front of a crowd much smaller than usual.

" Just get to it already." I tease, using my hands to create a makeshift megaphone. He rolls his eyes playfully at me before placing his hands out in surrender once he notices my determination to get him to start playing. He opens his mouth to sing but quickly closes it and looks away, laughing out of clear embarrassment. " Come on!" I shout again like a crazed fan. He laughs at my behavior and looks away, his band mates complaining as well as me.

" I can't do it." He says shrugging his shoulders before laying back down on the couch to which we all boo. I watch as he runs his hands over his face before covering it. I watch him intently and when he finally removes his hands from his face he immediately looks directly at me. I look away, embarrassed that he caught me staring although he doesn't mind and doesn't even bother to remove his lingering gaze from me. His gaze burns into my side and I stay looking away, too embarrassed to react. My thoughts run again and I recall when Alex wouldn't be able to admit that his performances were phenomenal. It's devastating that he doesn't appreciate his singing and music as much as he should.

The rest of the 10 minute ride to the hotel the guys spend on their phones while I play with the seams on my skirt. I forgot to retrieve my phone and change into more comfortable clothing due to my fear of entering my own bus and having to more than likely confront either Shay or Lauren so I've been condemned to sitting uncomfortably and awkwardly on their couch during the ride.

I sit in my spot the rest of the ride, the boys sharing a laugh every once in a while, while I gaze out the tinted window silently. None of us bother to move during the ride but once the bus finally comes to a halt I quickly stand up, Alex following suit. I turn to gaze at him and he clears his throat before looking down, his feet still planted on the ground and his body stood up. I begin to make my way outside of the bus, waving quickly to the guys while Alex follows closely behind. I don't bother to push him away so I simply make my way to Jack's bus, hoping to get any updates.

As me and Alex walk side by side Derek comes into my view, a smile that I now know is fake comes onto his face and I reward him with an equally fake one that he mindlessly takes as sincere. He begins to make his way towards me but once his attention is directed towards the man walking next to me his smile fades and an agitated expression consumes his features.

" Hey." He says in a fake happy tone, turning to look at Alex for a second before looking at me again and continuing to ignore him completely. I nod my head and give him a quiet hello, not bothering to stop moving as I make my way to the equipment load. Once I arrive Jack comes into view and I make my way towards him, trying my best to disregard the two men following closely behind.