44

" Have you got color in your cheeks?
Do you ever get that fear that you can't-"

My eyes flutter open as the voice welcomes me back into reality and drifts me away from my dreams. My body extends out and stretches in the ample space as I look around me, the amount of space I have surprising me. My hands land on the king sized bed and I look at my whole body extended out on it. I haven't been this comfortable in what seems like forever. The only thing uncomfortable about my morning being the headache smashing against my skull. My eyes gaze around the familiar room before the sound of his voice catches my attention once again.

" Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week."

His voice radiates from the bathroom as I crawl out of the very cozy and large comforter engulfing my entire body. My body unravels from the sheets and my toes press against the hardwood, my eyes trailing down to look at my completely exposed legs and thighs. I disregard it completely as my feet trail me towards the door and I press my head against it lightly, trying to hear his every word as he sings from inside the confined space.

" How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat."

My mind goes into some type of trance as I stand still, my head staying pressed against the door. His voice sings and I bite down on my lips, my eyes trained on the floor, ignoring everything else around me. Everything, including the lavish and quite frankly expensive hotel room created just for rock stars like the one singing in the very shower I'm eavesdropping into. Yes, I may be vile in eavesdropping but my body seems to be controlled by the other part of my mind that has no self control.

" Baby, we both know
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day."

His entertaining and euphoric voice continues and I listen to each word spewing from behind the door. Several seconds pass of him singing before I hear the knob to the water twist and shut off, my body taking some time to react and gaze down at my half naked body. I rush around the room, searching for my clothes before settling on pulling out the bed sheet and using it as some sort of makeshift skirt. It takes several seconds but once the door finally opens it feels as if my heart stops all at once with my body.

" I'm sorry to interrupt. It's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss y-."

He continues to sing once he's outside of the bathroom and his attention is set on the ground as he uses a towel to dry his hair. He doesn't notice me at first but once he moves his head back and looks forward his gaze lands on me and he instantly shuts his mouth. A reddish tint covers his cheeks and he clears his throat before speaking up and moving away.

" I'm sorry if I disturbed your slumber." He says and I clear my throat before looking down, trying my best to not look at his naked upper body and towel wrapped hips. I nod my head and gaze around the room as he walks towards his suitcase laying on the top of the small desk before opening it. He rummages through it and I finally decide to speak once I gaze down at my very own half naked body and realize my lack of knowledge of what occurred the night before.

" Alex." I call to him from my spot on the bed. He turns to look away from his suitcase and gazes at me with a raised eyebrow. I turn to gaze at him but quickly look away, afraid that my eyes will subconsciously trail down too low or stare for too long. " Did I- did I say anything yesterday?" I ask afraid that I said something I wouldn't have said when I was sober. He looks away from me and I finally take my chance and turn to look back at him while his front is turned away from me. My eyes focus on the retracting muscles on his back before gazing back at the little of his facial features I can see from my spot on the bed. He gazes at his suitcase in thought for several seconds before shaking his head and clearing his throat, his attention still set on his arrangement of clothing. I nod my head and look away before speaking again. " Did we-" I stop and cover my own face with my hands, embarrassed to even ask. " did we do anything?" I ask and he laughs before turning around to gaze at me.