52

" It beats me black and blue
But it fucks me so good
I can't get enough."

The music plays from the radio and I groan in my spot, turning to look at Shay as she types a text into her phone. I groan again in a louder tone but she stays silent, simply typing into her phone and moving back and forth between contacts. Alex's contact appears several times but I don't bother saying anything as she types into her phone. I simply groan and complain in my spot.

" I'm not gonna tell you." She surprises me by speaking, still gazing at her phone and typing away. I roll my eyes and fall back onto the seat, letting out an even louder groan as I do so.

After we got the bands settled Shay told me that she wanted to take me somewhere in New York. I gladly obliged to going with her this time around because of our break day but i wasn't informed beforehand that she wouldn't be telling me where she's taking me. At first I assumed we were going to one of the basic monuments of New York but after passing almost all of them I began to give up on the guessing game. When we toured here with Cage, the city was too big to look around at every interesting thing. So we stuck with a couple of basics and I was left with a very large list of places I hadn't enjoyed while in New York, one of them being Times Square. Yes we drove past it a couple of times but it wasn't everything people gushed about. Part of it was because it was the morning when we drove past and I was stuck inside of a black van that's windows were too tinted to possibly see anything.

" So you're really not gonna tell me?" I groan, pushing a piece of hair behind my face as she types something into her phone and shakes her head. I roll my eyes again and she finally puts her phone away, turning to look at my exaggerated reaction. " I hate surprises." I mutter, somewhat lying. Shay rolls her eyes and pushes my shoulder before falling back onto the seat next to me, our shoulders only centimeters apart. A familiar song starts to play on the radio and I shut my eyes, already wanting to take a nap on our short ride.
" Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week." I sing along with the radio, my eyes shut tight as I hear each of the words and sing along. " Baby, we both know. That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day." I sing the words and before I know it the song ends, the sound of a loud clapping coming from my side shaking me awake as I jump up and open my eyes. Shay smiles at me and I laugh lightly, looking away and trying to ignore the fact that she exposed me for singing out loud.

" See." She huffs crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me with a grin. " Told you you were good." She states as if it's a matter of fact and I roll my eyes, leaning farther into the seat and closing my eyes again. " You sleep a lot." She comments and I nod my head, my eyes still staying shut as she speaks.

" You should see me back at home." I state, informing her of my unhealthy sleeping addiction. " All I do is sleep." I say, the sound of her laughing following shortly. " I'm not even lying." I shrug, opening one of my eyes for only a second before shutting it again.

" I'd do anything to get a good nights sleep." She laughs lightly, the sound of her shuffling in her seat following. I adjust myself in my seat and open my eyes to gaze at her as she pulls a piece of hair behind her face and looks quickly at her notifications before turning to look at me and putting her phone away once again. " I tend to stress a lot and with working I just don't get a lot of time." She shrugs picking at her cuticles and turning to look at me for only a second before looking away.

" What do you do back at LA?" I ask in a quiet tone, slightly afraid that she'll give me a displeasing answer. It's really none of my business but for her own well being I hope she doesn't dedicate herself to doing what she does with Alex.

" I work at a studio." She shrugs picking at the seams on her blue jeans. I nod my head and she bites down on her lip, almost unnoticeable tears bringing to prick her eyes. " I met Christo there when-" she stops speaking and clears her throat before wiping her eyes and speaking again. " when he came in to work on his album." She shrugs letting out a heavy breath and clearing her throat again. I nod my head and look down at my lap, unsure of what to respond.