48

" these things take time
I know that I'm
the most inept
that ever slept"

The sound of a phone ringing shakes me back to reality and my eyes open as Alex continues trailing kisses along my hip. The ringing noise continues and I lift myself up slightly, gazing at the man who's a mere inches away from being in between my legs.

" Alex." I say, my voice coming out as a whisper as if I almost don't want him to hear me and stop. The noise persists through and I turn to look at the phone on the nightstand before gazing back at Alex who is completely oblivious to the noise. " Alex." I say only slightly louder than before. He groans against my skin and begins to trail up my stomach towards my chest, his kisses turning into bites. The noise from the phone stops and I sigh quietly before laying back on the bed and gazing up at the ceiling, my mind too clouded to let any thoughts run through it. Before I know it the ringtone starts up again and I push myself up, my agitation taking control of me. " Alex!" I shout and he moves himself away from my skin before hovering above me and crawling up my body. His breath fans against my face as he extends his arm and reaches for his phone before pushing himself up and giving me a clear view of his exposed torso as he scratches his chest and answers the phone.

" Hello?" He speaks, his voice and accent deeper than before. I gaze up at him as my fingertips trail my lips, one of his knees laying in between my legs and keeping me from moving. My ears perk up at the sound of an obnoxious girl on the the other side and I watch as Alex drags his hand down his face and groans. " What do you want?" He questions harshly and I hear her shout on the other end, her voice venomous and cold.

" Tell that bitch I said hi!" I hear her shout through the phone, her anger practically spewing straight from it. Alex turns to look at me and I quickly look away, acting clueless although by the look on his face I can tell that he knows I heard.

" What the fuck do you want?" He asks her, pushing himself up completely and making his way into the hallway, leaving me behind. A stinging sensation digs into me from hearing him not defend me but I push it away. What did I expect? I shouldn't have expected more than what there is. Which is nothing. The sound of Amy's voice seems to bring me back into reality and pulls me away from my little moment with Alex. Agitation towards my body grows and I lift myself up, reaching for my shirt and putting it on. Alex's loud voice comes from outside and my feet and curiosity trail me towards him. I press my ears closely against the door and hear his shouts and angry tone from the other side. " I already told you this morning!" He shouts before groaning. " I don't give a shit, i thought after these past few weeks you would have noticed that I haven't bothered to care." He informs her, huffing. Her obnoxious voice continues sounding through and he huffs as she speaks, quite loudly through the phone. "No." He scoffs coldly before speaking again. " This has nothing to do with her." He tells her, his voice now as cold as hers. My insecurities seep through and a part of me can't help but feel that they're talking about me and the irrelevance I have in Alex's life. A suffocating pain covers my chest and I step away, sitting on the edge of the bed and waiting for him to return, my thoughts running as time passes.

Guilt surpasses my need to feel sorry for myself and I pull at my hair, angry at my ignorance and idiocy. I should have just listened to Amy and stayed away. I should have listened to Shay and Derek and Jack. I lay back on the bed and cover over my face, the sound of the door opening playing in the background of my many thoughts. I hear him shuffle into the room before reaching the bed and leaning over to hover above me again . He grazes his lips across my collarbone and begins to trail kisses along my neck and an exposed part of my jawline, trying his best to get me to remove my hands from my face so he can reconnect his lips to mine. He continues kissing my neck and starts to nibble on my neck, groaning when I don't budge.