55

" In many ways they'll miss the good old days
Someday, someday."

The sound of music playing echoes through the hall and I turn to look towards the empty hall before ignoring it and gazing back at the ice machine. I press down on the button again and hold it for longer this time around but soon enough give up, hitting its side to desperately get it to work. I do this a couple of more times before giving up, groaning in my spot and questioning my options.

It takes me several minutes before I find myself leaning on the doorframe and gazing into his hotel room. He shuffles back and forth in his room before approaching his suitcase on the desk, his body twitching as he pulls some headphones from inside of it. I clear my throat but he doesn't pay attention to me as he zips up his suitcase and sings along to the music. His voice already beginning to entertain me and trail me away from why I came here in the first place.

" Alex." I say in a lighter tone than what I originally anticipated. He doesn't notice me so I decide to speak up again only seconds later, this time taking control of my voice and speaking louder. " Alex." My voice is hoarse and he instantly turns around, his eyes catching mine before I quickly look away from him and around the room. I clear my throat and cross my arms over my chest as he reaches for a remote off of the nightstand and lowers the music coming from a surround sound system set in the hotel room. I pull a piece of hair behind my face as he approaches me with a raised eyebrow. I open my mouth to speak but close it shortly after, my worries from earlier already peeling away from inside my head. " I-I-." I mutter looking around the large and modern room in efforts to remember why I came in here. " Shit." I groan to myself, bothered by the failure of my short term memory. He sniffles and grazes his finger under his nose before sniffling once again.

" I was just heading upstairs for a run." He informs me, shuffling back and forth in his spot. I nod my head and clear my throat, somehow completely disregarding my worry from earlier and simply gazing at him as he speaks. " You're free to join me." He tells me and I instantly open my mouth to oblige but twice as quickly close it. I clear my throat and steady myself in my spot before speaking in a much more confident tone than earlier.

" Actually I was just hanging out with the guys-" I speak but he interrupts me, muttering an ok and quickly nodding his head in understanding. " I just wanted to know if you could help me with the ice machine." I speak pointing my finger over my shoulder towards the hall. " It's- it's not working." I tell him, my voice light as I speak. He laughs lightly but points out towards the hall, following behind me as I walk towards the ice machine. My hands wrapped tightly around the bucket as he walks closely behind me. My eyes shift as far as my peripheral can see several times before turning around quickly as we reach the machine to watch him gaze at it intently. He hits the side of it like I did earlier and I bite down on my lip, trying to hold back a giggle but failing. He quickly becomes agitated and my grin fades, turning into one of worry as he brutally begins to hit the sides of the machine. " Alex." I half whisper, slightly afraid that he'll suddenly revert his attention to me and lash out.

" Hand me the pail." He demands, extending his hand out as I carefully bring it near his reach. He takes it from me and sets it on the platform before pressing the button and hitting its side. It doesn't work like before and he rolls his eyes and groans, walking away without a word as he makes his way to the elevator. I follow closely behind him as he presses on the button to call for the elevator. He waits for only a couple of seconds before quickly getting agitated and rolling his eyes as he makes his way to the staircase. I follow quietly behind him as he quickly rushes down the staircase. I try to keep up but lose my breath quickly, not being sure how he suddenly has so much energy.

" Alex." I call for him, letting out a heavy breath as he gazes back at me. He waves for me to continue following after him before turning back around and going just as fast as before. I roll my eyes and groan in my spot but he doesn't take notice as his feet carry him down each staircase at an extremely brisk pace. We finally reach the lobby and he steps out through the door, holding it for me as I finish up the last staircase. I let out a heavy exhale and thank him under my heavy breathing before stepping through and beginning to follow behind him again. He approaches the lobby and I pull at his shoulder, trying to hold him back from making a scene. " Alex it's whatever." I groan already being aware that he is going to take there not being ice out of proportion.