Chapter 4

DAKOTA'S OUTFIT IS THE SUMMER ONE BUT HER HAIR IS JUST A BRAID THAT IS NOT ON THE SIDE.

The next day I stood in my room, looking at the array of big winter jackets and puffy pants. Since Republic City wasn't as cold as the South Pole, I pulled the jacket off of my outfit, leaving a tank top.

Finally I pulled the waterskin across my waist, and tucked the boomerang into the side of it.

"Good morning!" I cheered as I walked into the dinning room. But instead of being met with Grandma, I was met with a blast of air.

"Yay! It's Dakota!" Meelo screeched as he launched himself onto my head.

"Okay Meelo, can you not- ow- pull on my hair?" I question, but he continues to anyways.

"I'm so sorry sweetie" Pema says as she pulls her son off of my head.

"Thank you" I smile before giving the woman a hug, which was difficult since she was pregnant, her big stomach getting in the way. Then, a man with blue arrows walked in. Clearly he was Tenzin, or maybe a crazy fan. What were they doing here?

"Oh, hello Dakota, Korra wasn't lying when she said you'd be here" Tenzin sighed.

"What did Korra say?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Pulling a hand up to his face, he pinched the bridge of his nose. "She stated that since I'm not staying, that you will bring me back when you return" he spoke before letting out another sigh. He did sigh alot.

"Why are you here?" I ask, confused "I thought you were suppose to be teaching Korra."

"I had business here in the city, I couldn't stay" he explained. "Why don't you have Korra move here?" I ask.

"I can't have that! The city is dangerous" Tenzin exclaims.

Suddenly , the door opens, revealing Bato Jr, who smiles and waves "Hi Dakota". My eyes shoot back up to Tenzin "Yeah, dangerous" I say "Too dangerous for the Avtar, who knows three elements but not dangerous for the granddaughter of two important historical figures and the grandson of a great Water Tribe warrior".

"Well..I..fine" Tenzin grumbles, his face flustering before he walks off.

Smiling, I run to Bato, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips to his.

"I'm liking the outfit, and the boomerang is a nice touch" Bato comments, my cheeks quickly turning red. His own large coat was turned in for a lighter blue shirt that went to his elbows. And may I say, I'm currently enjoying the warm weather.

"Can you two please go somewhere else?" a voice asked quietly, causing the both of us to look at a young girl. It was Tenzin's daughter, Jinora and she seemed irritated.

"Yeah, sorry about that Jinora, come on Bato" I urged, pulling him back into the warm air.

"How was Korra?" I ask as we walk outside, our hands interlaced.

"She was sad, but mostly mad since I was able to come and see you" he explained, causing me to frown. It was only a few days, and I already missed my friend terribly.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow broke out" I joked before Bato pulled me to his chest. "Bato!" I warn, my face flushes red, but he kisses me again.

"Ahem" a voice says, making me jump from Bato.

There, stands Grandma, who glares at Bato. "And who might you be?" she sneers, crossing her arms.

"Grandma, this is Bato Jr, my boyfriend" I say, making her face soften.

"You're Bato's grandson?" she asks, in which he nods. "Welcome!" Grandma smiles before hugging him. "Dakota, could you run into the city and get me some fruits? There's this shop right in front of this wonderful phonograph store. I'll stay here and talk with Bato" Grandma says before handing me some money.

"Alright mister" Grandma says as she pulls Bato away. I look back,mouth a sorry before I started walking towards the edge of the island.

Shifting my fists, I jumped and landed on a piece of ice. With the movement of my hands, I propelled myself across the bay and towards the city. The feeling was great, cool water spraying at my face,

Thoughts raced through my mind, what was the city like? I haven't seen it in so long.

As I reached the other side of the bay and I was now in Republic City, I jumped from my ice board and landed on the solid concrete. Instantly, Satomobiles rushed along the street, whipping my hair  around my face.

"Ugh, just perfect" I grumbled to myself as I moved the hair out of my face. As I did, I swore I spotted a large Polar Bear Dog.

"Naga?" I question as I tumble across the street.

As I chase the dog through the streets, a Satomobile quickly shoots past me, causing more hair to brush past my face. Rolling my eyes, I quickly throw it up with a band, before continuing my pursuit.

Turning the corner, I see Naga, and Korra, who glare at three men harassing a man with a phonograph.

One of the men quickly burn the machine, causing the shop owner to step back. "My friend here is not a music lover. Give me the money, or else -" the man dressed in blue starts but Korra interrupts him. "Or else what, hoodlum?" she says, her hands on her hips.

Before I know it, my feet carry me so I'm next to Korra. "You heard her" I say, causing Korra to turn and look at me. She opens her mouth to say something but her head turns back to the three men when they burst out laughing.

"Since you're obviously fresh off the boat, let me explain a couple things. You're in Triple Threat Triad territory, and we're about to put you two , in the hospital." the one in blue sneers, causing my eyes to widen but Korra stays confident.

Slamming her fist into her palm, Korra snaps back with "You're the only ones who are gonna need a hospital and, for your sake, I hope there's one nearby."

"Who do you think you are?" the one in blue snarls.

"Why don't you come and find out?" Korra sneers.