Chapter 23

This chapter is more about Dakota also seeing how tightly bloodbending ties into her life. So while Korra finds out about Aang's past, Dakota digs into Katara's.

"Dakota" a voice whispers, making my eyes open.

In front of me, stands a man with a worn face. A worn face I know too well. "Grandpa?" I whisper, my feet moving me forward as I hug him tightly.

"Hello my darling" he says, embracing me quickly.

"What is going on? How is Tarrlock able to bloodbend without the moon?" I ask quickly, needing answers. "I'm afraid I myself don't know the full story, however, Korra might be able to help you" he says kindly.

"Grandpa, how come I was able to fight back from Tarrlock's grip?" I ask, biting my lip, causing Sokka to put a hand onto his chin.

"Dakota? Dakota!" a voice screams, causing my eyes to open.

Above me, is Korra, who looks scared.

"W-Where are we?" I ask as I look around. We're in a small metal box that has a few dents in it, meaning Korra tried to bust through.

"Tarrlock took us somewhere far away, spirits Dakota, I thought you were dead" Korra whispers, quickly embracing me.

"Are you alright?" I ask, my voice just a whisper.

"I think so, but I keep having visions" she admits, making me look down. "What are they about?" I ask quietly. "They're just flashes, but I see Toph, Aang, and your grandparents" she explains, my eyes widening.

"Tenzin once told me to meditate on these, maybe I should" Korra says, causing me to nod. "I'll be quiet" I said before she went into a meditation pose.

Sighing, I too also closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young girl in Fire Nation clothes looked up towards the old woman

"Please, stop" she sobs on her knees.

"You should've learned the technique before you crossed me Katara" the woman cackles evilly.

Katara? Aunt Katara!? I looked at the sky, where the moon shinned as a whole.

Suddenly, her tears stopped as Katara gripped the ground. The grass around her died, the old woman looking at her in shock. "You're not the only one who rises with the moon. I'm stronger than you Hama! Your technique is useless!" Katara screams, standing to her feet.

The two quickly begin to fight, pulling water from trees and even the air.

Aunt Katara was truly a master, even at this young of an age. Suddenly, footsteps filled the air. Looking, my mouth hangs open. There, stands Grandma and Grandpa, their hands intertwined as Grandpa yells at the woman.

Suddenly, the boy, who I assume is Aang is thrown at Katara, who dodges him.

"Sokka!" Grandma screams as they are ripped apart.

Then, she is also flung away.

Soon enough, Katara pins the two to a tree, but Hama's control proves to be too much as she rips the two away from the tree and yank Aang towards them.

However, Grandpa's sword is out, and pointed directly at the Avatar.

"No!" Katara screams, causing the three to stop moving.

Looking over, Hama grunts as she slowly falls to her knees.

~~~~~~~~

My eyes open, my breathing increasing. Was Aunt Katara the reason I was able to resist Tarrlock? Sighing, I looked at Korra, who seemed shocked. "Aang ... this whole time ... you were trying to warn me about Tarrlok." she whispers, making me open my mouth to say something, but a door opens.

"My life is a disaster now, thanks to you." Tarrlock sneers, clearly talking to Korra.

"So your little bloodbending secret's out? And I know how you bloodbent me without a full moon. You're Yakone's son." Korra sneers, clearly talking about what she saw.

"I was his son, but in order to win Republic City, I had to become someone else. My father failed because he tried to rule the city from its rotten underbelly. My plan was perfect. I was to be the city's savior. But you, you ruined everything!" Tarrlock sneers angrily.

"Tarrlok, the jig is up and you have nowhere to go." Korra calls out as his footsteps grow closer to the box.

"Oh no. No, I'll escape and start a new life. And you're coming as my hostage." Tarrlock sneers before opening the box. Before Korra can even react, Tarrlock grabs me and shuts the door.

"Since I can't have this little spying peep join us, I'm afriad I'll need to put her back to sleep..permanently." Tarrlock sneers.

"No! You won't get away with this!" Korra snarls angrily, beating on the box.

Raising his hands, my body is under his control. My body floats into the air as he makes my limbs shift into horrible angles. "S-Stop" I whimper in pain, but he continues.

I feel my airway slowly being cut off. He was going to kill me. "I-I said..STOP!" I growl before breaking from Tarrlock's grip. I pull water from my face and I shoot it at him, launching him up the stairs.

"Amon!" Tarrlock screeches from upstairs.

As I land on the ground, my body aches and my eyes slowly close.

As I hear the struggle upstairs, the words spoken by Amon ring through my ears. "I'll take care of him. You four retrieve the Avatar. Do not underestimate her. Electrocute the box to knock her out before you open it."

Weight presses down on the old stairs, making them squeak. I hear a shocking noise before a cry, followed with a loud thump.

"Get her out. Tie her up" a man says, but a blast of heat goes by me.

"Dakota!" Korra screams as she grabs me and yanks me up the stairs. As my eyes flutter open, I see we're in the snow. Across from us is Amon, who glares at us.

"Korra" I whimper, causing her to turn, and hoist me onto her back. She then bends us down the mountainside. "You're going to be okay Dakota, we're okay" Korra says as we escape. However, she bumps a tree root, leaving us to go flying.

Some time later, my eyes open to see Naga, who licks Korra. "Naga!" I smile as I slowly make my way to my feet. I wince as a flash of pain goes through my side, but I grip Naga's doft fur to hold me up.

"Naga. You came looking for me, and Dakota. Good girl." Korra smiles as she too slowly gets up and hugs Naga. "Let's go home girls" Korra whispers as we get on the Polar Bear Dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dakota?Korra! Oh, thank goodness." Lin cries as Korra and I groan in pain together.

'Where's Tarrlock? How did you two escape?" Tenzin presses, but two brothers push them aside.

"Give them some space!" Mako calls as he grabs Korra. Bolin's arms wrap around me as he carries me. "I missed you Dakota, I was so scared" Bolin whispers as he carries me.

"I'm okay" I mumbled, my eyes closing again.