Chapter 21

Shooting the earth back into the ground, Bolin looks at the both of us.

"Can we please just sit down and talk about this?" he sighs, making me clench my good fist. Sadness has been pushed into the back of my mind, leaving pure and utter rage.

Yet again my anger had risen, and it wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"Gee Bolin, if Leinani sits down, are you sure you'll be able to control yourself?" I sneer, making him wince.

"Please, with your arm, you won't even be able to sit down properly" Leinani says, and instantly I turn my glare onto her.

Dangling in her hand was my boomerang, like a prize. "Give me back my boomerang" I warn, but she sends me a fake smile.

"Why would I give it to someone who can't even use it properly" she coos.

"I said. Give. It. Back" I say, my voice flat. Even with my horrible day, I didn't need to lose my boomerang. "Make me" Leinani says, provoking me.

I instantly force my body forward, but a set of hands hold me back. "Don't stop me!" I scream, trying to move myself forward.

"Come on sidekick, calm down" Mako whispers in my ear, and slowly, his words make me stop.

"What is going on here?" Asami asks, grabbing the boomerang from an angered Leinani.

The boyfriend stealer and I quickly begin yelling over each other. However, Bolin speaks over the both of us.

"I cheated on Dakota..with Leinani" Bolin says at about a whisper.

"What!?!" Asami and Mako call out in sync. "Well, Leinani brought up some old feelings, and kissed me. Then Dakota walked in, and they started fighting" he explain, making me scoff.

"Please, you two were undressing each other" I sneer, my voice hard, even though the feelings of sadness were pushing towards the front of my mind.

"Leinani, a word" Asami growls before dragging her up the stairs, but before she does, she hands me my boomerang.

"This belongs to you" she states, my hand gripping the handle.

"Bolin" Mako says, a tone of disappointment in it "Dakota and I will be in the other room. Stay here".

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you alright?" Mako asks as we sit on the couch.

I look down, biting my lip, before shaking my head.

"You know, I always told you not to hurt him, yet I never thought he would do it" Mako whispers,  my eyes looking up.

"Why would he do this Mako?" I say, my voice weak.

"Well, Leinani and Bolin had a past before you met us" Mako says carefully. "When Bolin and I were in the Triple Threat Triad, we had to do alot of dirty work. I did it to protect my brother, make sure we survived. We lived off of it, the crime. It's how we learned how to bend, and how to work together." Mako explains softly. "Leinani was also a kid when she joined. She was used to spy..or seduce men" Mako started. "Soon enough, her and Bolin flirted, which I didn't approve of. She was a trickster and a whole lot of trouble, something we didn't need" Mako spoke carefully. "On Bolin's last mission, he destroyed a building because she saw something that scared her. When the dust cleared, she was gone" he finished, making me look down.