Chapter Two

TIA'S POV:

I open my eyes, but Hunter isn't lying beside me. Weirdly enough, I can't hear him in the kitchen either, like I normally would.

"Strange..." I mutter to myself, until I see the note on the side table.

Dann called me early, and I didn't want to wake you up. I'll be back in the afternoon. Sleep well, darling, I'll be back soon. Also, make us both brunch, then we'll have a picnic outside.

Hunter  ♥

I smile. Leave it to Hunter. But before I can start mentally 'awww'ing, I feel my stomach growl.

Right. First order of business: brunch.

I look at the time, and it reads 11 o'clock. How did I sleep so late?

Oh well.

I decide to search the kitchen, but I realise that we have practically no food. I'm going to have to go grocery shopping again soon...

I find some eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and day old bread. Perfect. I'll make some French toast.

While I'm making the mixture, a knock at the door makes me jump. I look to see if I can see anything, but I can only see a silhouette of what looks like a girl. My age, judging by her height.

Because I was feeling hyper, I decided to make my way over to the door in that weird way that Gollum walks, and I said in my best Gollum voice "Leave now, and never come back!"

She stopped for a second, but then kept knocking.

I sighed, before straightening up and opening the door.

I take in the girl's olive skin, and her long, wavy chestnut brown hair, which had been tied into a high ponytail. Her hazel eyes aren't looking at my violet ones though, she seems to be reading off a piece of paper. It's obvious she was forced to come here. In her hands, she has a basket of cookies.

"Hi, I'm Natasha Redford, and we noticed that we had new neighbours," she says in a flat, dull voice. "We live over there-" she points with her thumb somewhere to her right, "about 15 minutes away from here, if you walk. My mom would like to give you these cookies as welcome to our wonderful neighbourhoo - Tia?" she says, finally noticing me grinning at her.

"Natasha?"

"Oh my god, hi!" she says, hugging me tightly. I can't believe it. Natasha lives here, as our neighbours?

"How did you come to be here? Who are you living with?" she asks, looking happy.

"Well..." I say, holding up my left hand to show her my ring. She looks so happy. If Carla had been here, she probably would've started screaming. Wait a second...

"Natasha, where's Carla?"

"Married some billionaire in New Mexico. She left to go live in his mansion. You have to tell me everything! I heard that.... a lot of stuff happened." She obviously doesn't want to pry.

"Yeah, it did. Come inside!" I welcome her in, and we walk straight to the living room. I make her a cup of tea, and my French toast mixture lays forgotten on the kitchen bench.

"When did you get engaged?" she asks me when I hand her cup of tea. She takes a sip, while I answer her.

"About three weeks ago now. He proposed in front of the Christmas Tree," I say, smiling.

"I also heard..." she trails off, sounding unsure. I frown.

"Heard what?"

"Well..." she says, before glancing at my midsection. I understand what she's talking about.