Chapter Twenty

HUNTER'S POV:

"Hunt? Hunt, please wake up." Tia shakes my shoulder gently and I open my eyes.
"I'm awake. What's wrong?" I ask her, noticing that she was shivering, even though it was a warm summers morning.
"I had a bad dream again."
"Oh, love," I sigh, pulling her into my arms. "What was it about?"
"That's just the thing. I don't remember, but I know it was scary." The way she says it, I can tell she isn't lying.
"Can you fall back asleep, do you think?"
She sighs. "No point now, it's seven." I check my phone and she's right. Apparently Dann called at around six as well. I'm guessing I have more recording today.
"Do you want to just lie in bed?"
"I guess so, Peyton doesn't want me until ten today." Her eyes close, and she looks exhausted. The baby's really draining her.
"Do you think you'll be okay at Peyton's today?" I ask her, concerned.
"Yeah."
I kiss the top of her head, and she sighs, melting into my arms. Tia turns and kisses me.
"Thanks for caring, Hunt," she says, sounding happier.
"It's my job," I say, framing her face with my hands and kissing her again.
I taste chocolate and winter, and our lips move in sync. It's one of the first real kisses we've shared for a while.
Then I hear a small bell jingling. I pull away from Tia and frown.
"What was that?" I ask her.
"I'm not su-"
"Arf!!" Olive clambers up and starts licking our faces. Tia pulls away, laughing.
"Hey, Olive!"
"Arf! Arf!" She gives me a sloppy kiss on the lips, and I push her away. Tia laughs again, and strokes Olive's head until she calms down.
"Good girl," she coos. "You're so cute! Yes you are!"
She tries to get closer to Tia, but fails, doing a somersault over the bedsheets before landing in between us. I laugh at the bewildered expression on her face.
"Hunter, I can't thank you enough. She's adorable." She scratches in between Olive's ears.
"It wasn't a problem. She's already been vaccinated, so we don't need to worry about all that."
"Oh, good," she says. Something else occurs to her. "Where will she stay when I go to Peyton's?"
"Peyton likes her, so I guess you could just take her with you, right?"
Tia suddenly looks excited. "Could I really?"
"Of course." Just before she tackles me with a hug, my phone gives me a notification.
Dann: Hunter, recording started over an hour ago. Hurry up!
I sigh, before rolling out of bed.
"Where are you going?" asks Tia, sounding a bit upset.
"Dann wanted me in the studio before we even woke up, and I didn't go, but I really need to now."
"Oh, okay," She smiles, rolling out of bed as well. Pecking me once on the lips, she walks to the bathroom, and I hear her brushing her teeth. Tia then starts the shower, and I hear her singing. I shave and prepare breakfast. I'm not sure what Tia wants for her breakfast, so I just make some toast with jam. When she comes out of the shower, I take one as well. Just as we're about to close the front door, I kiss Tia softly.
"Have fun at Pey's, alright?"
"I will. I love you." She cradles the puppy in her arms and carries her to the car. Olive sits in the passenger seat and sticks her head out the window. Tia waves to me, before starting the car.
Getting to the studio, Dann and the boys are angry. They were waiting for ages for me to come.
"Where were you?" Devo asks, throwing his arms in the air in frustration.
"You're always late now," accuses Sam.
"I'm sure he has a good excuse," says Matt carefully. "Let me guess... Tia had another nightmare."
"Yeah."
"That one's getting a bit old now, Hunter. Is there really no other excuse you can give us?" asks Dann.
I stare at them. "You think I'm making this up?"
"Well, what else could it be?" Steve asks. "What kind of person has that many nightmares?"
"Hunter, there's only so many nightmares a normal person can have." They actually don't believe me. I lose my temper.
"Yeah, well Tia isn't a normal person at the moment, she's a pregnant one." It comes out of my mouth without any warning. Even I'm surprised.
They all stare at me.
Matt breaks the silence. "She's pregnant?"
"Yes, Matt, she's pregnant."
"Since when?" asks Devo indignantly. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?"
"Because we wanted to tell our families first, and we only told them last night. As for how long, today it'll be two days since we found out."
The boys all start cheering, and patting me on the back.
"Good for you, Hunter," says Dann, our argument forgotten. "Now, let's get started."