Chapter Twenty-Six

*FOUR MONTHS INTO THE PREGNANCY: OCTOBER - THE NIGHT BEFORE THE "LET'S BE CRAZY" TOUR*

TIA'S POV:

We leave to go to the hotel at around seven. I left Olive at Peyton's house. Hunter decided that he can't leave me alone while I'm pregnant, so he's taking me on tour with him, though I won't be opening for him. This time, Ashley Monroe is coming along for the ride.

"So, the big tour is tomorrow," I say, while Hunter pulls out of our driveway for the last time for three months. We're going to a hotel or something tonight, which makes it easier on both of us tomorrow, since we need to be in Nashville by 4 am, so that we can leave for the first date on Hunter's tour.

"Yep," he says, sounding excited. "Twenty four dates. I can't wait. First up is Knoxville. I wish you were my opening act..." he adds wistfully.

"Hunter," I sigh. "We've been through this. Once fans find out that I'm pregnant, there'll be a few who'll be genuinely happy. But there'll also be the few-"

"Who'll want to burn you alive and roast marshmallows on the flame," he finishes for me.

"Exactly, see?" I say diplomatically. "Do you want me to be on fire?"

He sighs. "No."

I smirk. "Somehow, I thought not." I point in front of us, onto the road. "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, GOOD SIR!!" I shout at the top of my lungs.

"WE SHALL, FAIR LADY!!" he yells back, and I barely hold back a laugh.

"WE SHAN'T LET PETTY TRAFFIC HOLD US BACK!"

"WE SHAN'T!" Hunter screams back, the words sounding weird in his Cajun accent. I burst out laughing.

"We're so weird," I giggle.

"Why is that a bad thing?" Hunter asks, winking dementedly. "It's getting crazy... but that's what we wanted, now, isn't it?"

I groan. "Even you know that was a bad one."

"I'm practising my dad jokes," he says, turning back to the road. "Am I doing okay?"

"Right now I'm not sure if I should slap you or hide under a rock for the rest of eternity."

"I'm getting there, then?"

I just shake my head, grinning. Hunter makes a fake pout, before laughing and watching the road again.

Instead of turning at the road that we were supposed to, Hunter goes down further, and turns left. I look at him quizzically.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he says. I frown a little, but don't say anything until Hunter pulls into a cinema parking lot.

"Hunt, what are you doing?"

"We're watching a movie!" he announces, getting out of the car and opening the door for me. I smile, getting out, and we walk inside, hand-in-hand.

"Can I ask why?"

"Can I ask why not?"

"You're good," I say, defeated.

"I know," he says in a winning voice. "Now, movies! What are we watching?"

We end up watching Captain Phillips, and adventure movie that looked interesting enough. Before we go in, much to my protest, Hunter gets us a large popcorn to share, medium drinks and a party pack of chocolates just for me.

"You'll see. They'll all be finished by the time the movie's over." He carries the drink and popcorn and passes me the chocolates.

"Hunt, I can't eat this," I say, trying to push it back to him. "Have one, at least."