Chapter Three

TIA'S POV:

He wants kids.

Oh, man. I didn't think of this.

I don't want kids. Not as badly as Hunter wants them. As much as I love Hunter, I'm terrified of children. They normally avoid me like the plague. No matter how much I promise him anything, I'm too scared to give it to him.

I'm doomed.

Walking inside after the picnic, Hunter looks at me.

"What do you want to do now? We could watch a movie, spend a day out in the city..."

"We should spend the day in the city. That way, we can have fun and at the same time, buy essentials."

"You're so organised now," he says, in mock horror. "What monster have I created?"

"Tia-stein," I say, grinning. "I work now as the wife.You have to keep being the romantic. That's hard, because as awesome as I am, I absolutely suck at being romantic."

"I don't think so," he murmurs, pulling me towards him and pressing his lips to mine gently.

"See?" I say smugly when he pulls away. "You're carrying this whole thing on your shoulders."

He sighs. "You're impossible."

"Admit it. You love me when I'm being stubborn."

He smiles. "Okay, yes, yes I do."

I reach up and kiss him gently. He runs his fingers through my hair.

"Your hair is incredibly soft," he says softly. "So is your skin. You're perfect."

"I'm not perfect."

"If only you saw what I could see." He pulls away, and he looks into my eyes.

I laugh, confusing him.

"What?"

"Great song reference," I gasp, breathless from laughing.

"Wha-oh." He starts laughing when he realises what he had said, and continues. "You'd understand why I want you so desperately." At this point, we're laughing too hard to be coherent.

"Right now I'm looking at you, and I can't believe," I gasp.

"You don't know-oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful," we say together, laughing like crazy people. "That's what makes you beautiful!"

HUNTER'S POV:

Driving to the city, Tia and I don't stop talking. We talk about everything; politics, weather, my music, her music... everything except family and children. I think that's become a bit of a bad topic for us, and I don't want to argue with her. As much as she says that she promises that she's okay with kids after the wedding, I don't think she plans on having kids for several more years. Or even at all.

"You know," she says, while I drive. "It's weird, because you know the song I've been writing, 'A Thousand Years'?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I finished writing it, but there's something missing."

"What do you mean? It sounded great!"

"Yeah, but you know that feeling, where something just isn't right?"

I take a right turn. "I can understand that."

She smiles. "I figured you would. Singer-songwriter, musician; you can do it all."

I look at her, happy that she complimented me. She blushes, and I smirk.

We stop at a Starbucks, where I get a Vanilla Latte, and she gets a Mocha, and we wait for our order. As we wait, three girls come up.