Chapter 8, InFIRMary

I woke up to the sound of hushed voices.

What happened? My memory was slightly cloudy. I stretched slightly, tendrils of pain shot up my leg. "Aw gosh," I whispered.

"She's awake," I heard someone mutter. My eyes shot open. The bright light momentarily blinding me. "Whoa, easy there," Standing in front of me was Annabeth and a tall camper with blonde hair and kind eyes. He was tall and tanned. "Who won?" I asked. 

"Oh gods, you're wounded and stuck in the infirmary and the first thing you ask is, 'who won'?" She chuckled in disbelief. "Well, to answer your question, we won," A smile crept onto my face. Well, at least I didn't get skewered for nothing. 

"Come on, you need to eat something," The boy said. I almost forgot that he was there. He brought out a bowl of soup and some crackers. Along side that, there was a small glass, filled halfway with a golden liquid. Nectar and Ambrosia. "We'll leave you alone for now," He said, ushering Annabeth out of the Infirmary. 

It was mostly empty except for a few of the cots. I sniffed the soup. Tomato and beef. Nice. I quickly gulped down the soup, leaving the crackers and the drink to the side. I nibbled on the edge of the cracker. It tasted like roast chicken. The ones we would eat on Sundays. I chewed up the ambrosia and lifted up the small glass. I took a sip. It tasted like lemonade. The lemonade I would drink by the beach with my friends and family. The lemonade that I probably wouldn't taste any more. "What does it taste like?" A voice asked. I looked over to the cot next to mine. 

"Nico?" He was lying in the cot. I didn't see any form of physical injury, but he did look tired. Drained. His face was more pale than normal, there were bags under his eyes. Despite the new blemishes on his face, he still looked wonderful to me. "What happened?" I ask. 

"Well, after you um... Got stabbed, I shadow traveled over to you and shadow traveled to the strawberry field. And, umm. I kind of passed out." He looked down at his blanket, like passing out was extremely embarrassing. "Hey, thanks Dead head," He looks over at me. His eyes shining with hope. He tried not to smile since there were others in the infirmary, but failed. The tip of his lip curved up. "You should smile more," I whispered. "It looks good on you," a smile danced across my lips as well. 

"I'm the Prince of the underworld Owl eyes, I don't do smiles," He whispered back. I let loose a light laugh. His eyes lit up at the sound. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Dun dunnnnn. Not really a cliff hanger, but oh well. I've got 25 reads. Yay! I know, I know, it's not a lot. But it still is an incredible number for me! Thanks for reading this chapter. Please vote if you enjoyed it and leave a comment. I'll be updating later today. Bye!

~BlueFandoms~