Chapter 22, Dreams

I fell backwards, hovering in midair, I slowly lowered myself onto the floor. The moonlight glimmered through the wispy curtains. The woods were beautiful tonight. The landscape seemed to sing. The gorgeous cliffs, rivers, trees and wildlife singing in harmony.

If only Nico were here.

If only Leo didn't make that stupid mistake.

One mistake really can ruin a life.

I walked toward the large glass pane and stepped through. I honestly don't know how I did that.

I walked through the air, feeling the wind on my skin, the moonlight kissing my face.

"If only you were here," I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A loud metallic screech sounded from deep inside. *play song*

I don't wanna drive a fancy car today. I don't wanna ride in a red corvette.

The sun was setting slowly, rays of sunlight skipping over the water, like a smooth flat stone.

I don't wanna jog my Saturday away, but I don't wanna go home yet.

A warm tingling feeling spread through my body as a slender fingers intertwined with mine.

Today is not the day to jump out of a plane. I don't wanna parasail or play roulette.

I looked down to see I was floating above the ground. The trees scattered around below me. Cliffs sprouting up around me.

I don't wanna risk it all, or go insane. But I don't wanna go home yet.

Nico and I, hand in hand, watching the sunset. A flock of birds flew up from the trees, flying in beautiful formation.

It was perfect.

I just wanna watch the birds go by, from handy foldable blue canvas throne.

His other hand secured itself around my waist as he pulled me closer. I rested my head gently on his shoulder, relishing in his warm embrace.

I wanna watch them fly and fly, and see them soar up into the unknown.

But I feel just like a nerd, watching birds, watching me here all alone.

All alone? No. I tightened my grip on Nico's hand as I felt my senses heighten. The soft flapping of birds' wings in the distance, the gentle rustle of leaves.

"Can I ask you something?" He whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Remember the time we trained together?"

"Yes,"

"The time you beat me and pinned me down," he started. I closed my eyes, remembering that time. "I flipped us around and kissed you for the first time,"

"It was amazing," I stated.

"Best decision I've ever made,"

"Meeting you was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me,"

He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"I miss those times," he murmurs.

"Me too,"

He pulls us even closer together.

"This is perfect, isn't it?"

I breathe in slowly.

"Yes," I agree.

I just wanna watch the birds up there, track the migratory patterns that they've flown.

I wanna watch them from my chair, with my binoculars, my latte and my phone.

Trying to spot a lark,

In the park,

Parked in nature all alone.

Alone? No, no, no. I'm not alone. I'm with Nico.

Thoughts ran through my mind. Why me? I don't want to be special. Honestly, this sounds so cliche. I just want to lead a normal life with Nico. School, my friends, family, stuff. Not this nonsense.

But if leading this life means that I'm with Nico.

I don't mind.

Sorry if I'm ornithologically prone. I wanna watch them, somewhere undisturbing, quiet, calm, and still.

Sit right here and gaze at the unknown.

I looked over at Nico. Amazing Nico. Handsome Nico. Adorable Nico.

And something clicked.

I don't wanna fly.

In the sky.

I just want to be alone.

"I love you, Nico,"

"I love you too. Never forget that," He kissed me lightly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. His figure blew away with the wind, drifting away, farther, and farther away.

I just want to be

Alone.

The dream ebbed away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry for the short chapter! I really wanted to do a song chapter so.... here it is! Hopefully you guys like Dodie and Thomas. It's a beautiful song. She's really blowing up over here. (Yes, I'm a UK girl) Hope you liked it!

Special shoutout to HeyAliss for the great comments. <3

Bye!

~BlueFandoms~