Chapter 12, It's Okay

The swing swung back and forth gently. A slight breeze whooshed by, blowing hair into my face. I didn't care. I was with Nico. My head rested on his shoulder, his arm around my waist. We watched as a few campers were chased around by Connor and Travis Stoll. Both armed with water guns. Over by the lake was a beautiful sycamore tree. It's leaves glimmered with water in the sunlight, the Demeter cabin did a great job tending for the plants around this area. The nymphs played around the trees, the water shimmering like a thousand diamonds. Another perfect day at Camp Half Blood. The faint chirping of the birds and wailing of campers getting squirted with water added life into the serene environment. 

"So, how's life Nico?" I asked. He grunted. 

"Ironic. You should ask, 'how's death?'" He smiled at our small exchange. "Listen I-" He started. Suddenly Percy ran into the clearing, in front of the water-covered campers. "Oh gods," Connor yelled. His eyes wide in fear. Percy raised a hand, and 10 liters of ice-cold water rose from the lake, and rained onto their heads, dousing the twins with water. The other campers laughed as the two Hermes campers ran over to the baths. "Doing the ice bucket challenge this late?" A camper taunted. Percy looked like he was having a great time. Until a grey cloud appeared two feet above his head. Quite literally. Small zaps of lightning tickled his arms, thunder rumbling. Percy fell onto the ground laughing, as a hundred tiny tendrils of electricity brushed over his arms. Jason appeared from behind a tree, laughing with Leo. 

"Oh no you didn't Sparky," Piper giggled. Jason was hit by a flying blueberry muffin from Piper's cornucopia. She had retrieved it after the Giant war. This led to a full fledged food and water fight. 

"Well they look like they're having fun," Nico observed

"Lets join 'em," I said, a mischievous glint in my eyes. We ran over to join in. I grabbed a water gun the Stoll brothers left behind, and started squirting Annabeth, which led to me getting hit by a large pot roast. Nico occasionally shadow traveled to the river to grab large buckets of water, and shadow traveled back and dump the icy cold water on unsuspecting campers. He had gotten a lot better after our capture the flag incident, and was able to shadow travel more than he had ever before, but that didn't mean that he didn't get tired from it. I was doused with water from an invisible Annabeth, and zapped by Jason. Calypso and Leo would run around in the madness, throwing bread at each other. (Where they got the bread, I have no idea.) Frank the Elephant would squirt water from his trunk, and hazel would pelt people with diamonds, precious metals, and precious rocks. It was the most fun we've had in ages.

We ended up as a heap of tired and dirty demigods on a pile of food. We decided that it'd be best if we got the stuff cleared up before Chiron told us off. With around 30 demigods, nothing was impossible. 

By the time we finished, it was around 4. Me and Nico left the group for some 'alone time'. "What were you going to say before we left to the fight again?" I asked him.

"Well... It's... Okay." He mumbled. We sat down on a log around the campfire. No one was there anyway. "Not a lot of people know this... And I guess I need to tell you this if we want to be together..." He mustered.

"It's okay Nico. You can tell me anything," I reassured him.

"Don't hate me. Please." He pleaded.

"Don't worry, I won't,"

"I. I had a crush on Percy," He stammered. He looked over at my face. Percy? Nico's bisexual? 

"You're not surprised," He stuttered. 

"Nothing's gonna change how I feel for you Dead Head," I started, "Deal with it," I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He looked stunned. I guess it wasn't very normal for people not to mind that you had more than one sexuality in the 1940s. 

"Y-you don't mind?" He managed.

"Of course I don't! I love you Ghost King." He smiled. Relief fluttering across his face, like a butterfly of calm, blessing him with relaxation, not a care in the world.

"I-I love you to," We shared a slow, soft kiss. The first time this close to public. As a girl that grew up in a strict family, and a guy from the 1940s, where PDA was not something you'd see everyday, this was pretty rare. He smiled through the kiss, his face stretching into a small smile. His lips moved slowly against mine, in an intricate dance that everyone knew the steps to. We slowly pulled away, and I spent the next hour in the son of Hades' arms, watching the flames flicker and sparks fly in the hearth. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Tut tut! Well that was another short chapter. I'm so sorry! I have three tests tomorrow! Thanks again! I've got 70 reads! Remember, please vote and comment if you enjoy the story, and so that I know you're there. I'll update soon (probably tomorrow). Thanks so much guys! <3

~BlueFandoms~