Chapter 24, Wheee questing

I left the big house and trudged to Rachel's cave. Her family was on a business trip to Ohio, and she was left behind to "study".

"Going somewhere?" I looked over. Jason was standing there.

"I'm gonna find Rachel. New quest,"

"New quest? Who are you gonna pick?"

"I can't choose. The 7 are going to have to go. We need to alert Frank and Hazel in the roman camps."

"Again? Do you have any idea what this quest is going to be about?"

"I'm not sure I can tell you,"

"Well, good luck." He left to find someone to send an Iris message to Camp Jupiter.

I walked up the sloping hill towards the large cave at the top.

"Hello? Rachel?" I tried.

"Yup, come in," She was sitting on the three legged stool, casually drumming a paintbrush on her knee.

Her wild hair was pulled back in a pony tail, her light green eyes alert and curious. Paint streaked her face and clothes, pots of paint sat in a corner of her cave.

The walls were covered in paintings-visions and prophecies elegantly painted on the wall. Occasional blank splotches spotted the walls. The walls were covered, but not packed.

I sat down by the coffee table and put my head in my hands.

"Quest, huh?" She estimated.

"Yep,"

"Involving Nico?"

"Yep,"

"He's missing, isn't he?"

"Yep,"

Her eyes clouded over with worry. She walked over and collapsed on the sofa with a sigh.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," She pointed at her brain, "trust the prophecies,"

"I don't suppose you know where Nico is?" I asked hopefully.

"No, but- I feel a prophecy coming on," She did a 'keep going' motion and fell limp. A familiar velvety voice sounded from Rachel.

"A safe place, find

The past will rewind

Find the beast,

Change the past,

Save him,"

The odd thing about this prophecy? Rachel looked completely normal. No green smoke, no collapsing.

"No smoke? What happened?" I questioned.

"This prophecy isn't from the oracle. It was given by a goddess, Hecate," she explained.

"I suspect Hecate isn't that good at writing prophecies, then,"

"HA! It didn't even rhyme,"

I smiled. It felt good to be happy for a while.

"Tell Chiron?"

"Yup,"

We dashed back towards the big house.

"Chiron! We have the prophecy!"

He wheeled himself out, "We need a meeting, now."

The head counsellors filed in one by one. I ticked off the people who are going on the quest one by one.

Jason, Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Leo.

"We have a new quest," Chiron stated. Nervous murmuring rose from around the ping pong table. "First off, Nico di Angelo is missing," The murmuring got louder. I think the campers all knew that Nico is not an easy demigod to beat. "The old 7 and our Titanium demigod are going on a quest issued by the goddess Athena. We must alert the roman demigods," Chiron finished.

"Sorry, but, do we know how Nico went missing?" Travis asked.

"He was captured. By an old force," I confirmed.

"Do we know what the old force is?"

"No," The demigods started whispering among themselves, crossing off possibilities.

"What are we supposed to do?" asked Pollux,

"We have a prophecy,

A safe place, find

The past will rewind

Find the beast,

Change the past,

Save him."

"That's all?" Piper exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's all."

"Do we know what it means?" Leo asked, which seemed really un-Leo of him.

"A safe place, we need a safe place to carry out the jump into the mindscape," Chiron explained..

"Whoaa, mindscape? Don't go all matrix on me," Leo laughed.

"More importantly, Anira's mindscape." Chiron started. " 'a safe place, find' that explains it,"

"What about 'the past will rewind,'? Sounds kind of dodgy to me," Laurel Victor, the head counsellor of the Nike cabin said.

"Past will replay, there's something we have to change. Something that led to Nico disappearing." Percy stated.

"You're seriously smarter than you look, bro," Jason laughed.

"You said that ages ago," Percy shrugged off the half-compliment.

"Does anyone know of any 'safe places'?" Chiron asked.

"The recreation room?" Butch Walked suggested.

"No,"

"Some fortified place in camp Jupiter?" Sherman Yang tried.

"The monsters will be expecting that, we need some place no one knows even exists," Annabeth said.

"I know a place," I affirmed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER! I was on holiday. Short road trip down to Newport. Anyway, short-ish chapter? I'm going to update soon, don't worry. Thanks for the reads! Please vote and comment, I really appreciate it. BYEEEE

~BlueFandoms~