Chapter 13, Blackout

A/N Huge shoutout to @newsies_14 for voting on my chapters! So this chapter is dedicated to you. Thanks! <3 Happy reading!

For the next two weeks, me and Nico have never been closer. With his secret off his chest, he seemed happier and more relaxed. Until the incident.

What happened? I don't exactly know. But it took it's toll.

We were sitting in the Hades cabin, on his large queen sized bed. (Apparently Chiron gave him the large bed because his cabin was so empty)

"Do you have... a 5?" I asked. We were playing a game of Go Fish, out of sheer boredom.

"Nope," he answered

"Whyyyyyy," I complained as I picked up a card from the loose stack. I flipped it over. Queen. Great.

"Do you have... a 10?" He asked

"Yep," he smiled and lay the cards down on the bed. "I win," he concluded. I lay down on the bed, exasperated from the game.

"Gods why? Again?!" He laughed and lay down beside me.

"Just luck," he murmured. We lay down in a comfortable silence, listening to the sound of his breathing.

I closed my eyes. It was nice and quiet. Too quiet. I looked over at Nico. His breathing had stopped.

His face went slack. "NICO!" I called, shaking him awake. Come on. Please. He started to stir. His eyes, filled with anger, instead of the normal pools of sadness, which were replaced with warmth and happiness after we met.

His face contorted into a wicked smile. This was not the Nico I knew. Not my... boyfriend. Something cold and hard gripped my back. There was a deep grating sound. A skeleton's bony hand clawed into my skin.

"Nico... Please..." I whispered. His face flickered for a second, his eyes filling with sudden panic and warmth, "Anira!" He yelled. His eyes flickered suddenly, the warmth disappearing again. And with that, my consciousness faded, and I slipped into the shadows.

A/N A short chapter, I know. I plan on updating after I eat a snack. Just hold on, people.

~BlueFandoms~