Chapter 31, Raaaaace

"I, Nico Di Angelo, challenge you to a race!" Pretty self explanatory, he was fast as heck, and I'm a turtle.

"You do realise that it's basically going to be a reenactment of the rabbit and the tortoise, right?"

"I'll give you a head start. Go!"

I continued standing there, dumbfounded.

"What are you doing? Go!" He shooed me away.

"I never agreed to a race!" I yelled back at him, beginning to run.

"Too bad!" He retorted.

PROTIP (see what I did there?): When running, use longer strides and push off harder against the ground. Don't ask, just do it.

I began pushing against the ground, sprinting towards the tree by the volleyball pitch.

I looked back to see Nico running with a spring in his step. No effort at all. He looked like an elf, seriously.

I mean, he never said we couldn't use our powers... so...

I looked around desperately, and found Percy carrying a bucket of water. Why? I have no idea. Probably to douse Annabeth or something.

I flicked a hand at the bucket, and it flew across the camp. Reaching Nico at high velocity, and soaking di Angelo.

A frustrated yelp came from behind. A loose laugh-gasp escaped from my mouth. Can't afford to waste any energy. I looked over at Percy to see him scanning the field for his bucket, a confused pout on his face. Jeez, he's 17. What's he doing?

I looked back again to see a damp Nico violently shaking his head while running. His head's going to fall off soon.

Better get to that tree before I'm brutally murdered by a son of Hades.

As the tree grew in size, I gradually slowed down, tiredness seeping into my flesh.

I spun my head back only to be greeted by my dark hair sticking onto my face. I could barely see Nico gaining on me, that's not good.

Too tired to do anything myself, I scanned the landscape and found Hazel examining a large clump of gold that appeared from the ground.

"MS. METAL DETECTOR!" I yelled. She looked up from the gold and raised an eyebrow at me. Must've looked extremely weird.

"Little help, please?" She grinned and waved a hand at Nico. A swimming pool appeared in front of him, which he promptly fell into. Almost at the tree. I could smell victory. The one person who beat Nico di Angelo at a race, I could see it in the sky.

"Help! I'm drowning! Please!" I heard his desperate cries. I made the stupid mistake of stopping and turning around. I felt a sopping wet figure launch itself onto me, and we tumbled onto the floor.

For a brief second, all I felt was surprise, but then the coldness registered, and I started laughing. I could hear Hazel howling from laughter in the distance, along with Nico's adorable snorts.

I pushed the pale skinned boy off me.

"You actually fell for that?" He managed.

"You can't blame me for caring for you, that was shallow, di Angelo. Shallow," I said with mock anger.

He rolled on top of me, his damp hair dripping water onto my face. "You're the one that stole Percy's bucket," he laughed.

He lowered himself down and we kissed. There was a large splash. Suddenly, all the pool's water was dunked on us two individuals. We pulled apart to find Percy laughing with Piper and Hazel.

"About time, lovebirds," Percy called.

"Should we tell everyone what you do with Annabeth?" Nico smirked.

Ooohs arose from Piper and Hazel.

"I think we get the idea," Piper winked. Percy grew slightly pink, before dousing Nico again with more water.

"Wait, if the water's just an illusion..." Percy started.

The water covering Nico and I disappeared.

"Eyyyyy, smart Percy," I laughed.

A dark flicker flitted across the trees behind Hazel.

Strike one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATIGN JAKDAKDKKWKS. I was not inspired and stuff. Eh. Sorry, thanks for the reads and votes tho! There are practically no commenters. Let's change that. We've reached 900! HDIAKDKEKKDDI Bye!

~BlueFandoms~