Chapter 23, The New Beginning

I slowly stirred. A dull burn in my throat, eyes glued shut.

The dream was a sad reminder of what I've lost. Who I've lost.

I need to find him.

Now.

I looked around to find myself in the same Greek styled room from the night before. I looked out the large glass pane and saw nature stare back at me. Beautiful.

The morning sun peeked out from behind the trees, the lakes' water swirling in mesmerising circles.

I got up and left for the big house. I need to find Chiron, or even better, Rachel. I focused intently...

Time to go titanium.

Sprinting up the spiral staircase, out into the meadow, through the forest trees. Hovering above the ground, I didn't have to worry about tree roots or twigs. Woodland animals or dryads out for a walk.

I burst into the clearing, slowing down as I reached the big house.

"CHIRON, IT'S AN EMERGENCY!" I called inside, not bothered to knock or wonder if the campers were sleeping.

"What is it, child?" He asked. He wheeled out inside his wheelchair, his blanket crumpled on his lap.

"A quest, we have a quest,"

His eyes clouded over in realisation. "Show me," he breathed.

I snapped my fingers once, and the most gathered. Smoky white fog seeped in from under the door, through cracks in the walls and open windows.

It pooled in the centre of the room. Everything stopped for a second, and then the mist sprung up. It filled the room and started to form objects.

"I see you've figured it out," a voice sounded. Chiron and I stood and watched from 3rd Person view.

"Mom?"

"You've passed the trials, the trial for Love, Magic, and Wisdom. Following your heart into the woods, using your magic to open this chamber, and using your wits to figure it out."

Chiron' face was unreadable. I should tell him that he has an excellent poker face someday.

"Trials? What?"

"Your boyfriend Nico ran off, but was then captured by an old force. We have set trials to test you of your strengths, to see if you can embark on this quest with the all-famous 7 demigods," She paused. "But this will be different from the rest. You will have to travel within your mind landscape, a place vast and unknown. Many men have gone mad inside their minds. Beware, child."

"I wish you well. You've done me proud already,"

She vanished along with the vision.

"A quest into the mindscape," Chiron concluded. "Dangerous, perhaps deadly, but then again, the 7 demigods never disappoint,"

"How are we supposed to enter my mindscape?"

"I think you already know that," Chiron smiled. "Now all you need is a prophecy,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hello! Again, I'm going to update more frequently. Thanks for the comments, votes, and reads! I'm going to update again soon. Sorry for the short chapter. Byeeeeee!

~BlueFandoms~