Chapter 37

The busy streets twisted and turned, cutting off at weird joints and sharply turning around big business buildings.

I walked down the cream sidewalk, avoiding grey patches of dried gum and spilled drinks.

Looking up at the same old sky, the weird sky, I see the sky of a busy city. Not the one I was used to.

I turned the corner and towards the big glass building. Crystal panels lined up one after the other, stretching towards the large blue abyss above me.

Pushing past the revolving glass door, I breathe in the overpowering fragrance. Gritting my teeth, I hurry through the lobby and into a lift. I jabbed the close button repeatedly, "C'mon, c'mon," the door closed, enveloping the busy scene in front of me.

Pressing '25', the lift began its ascent up the modern building. I chewed the inside of my cheek as I awkwardly lounged on the metal handle. The elevator was lit up a bright gold, with mirrors on the doors and front side of the lift.

A soft 'ding' announced my arrival to the twenty-fifth floor. I waltz out of the lift and to the door labelled 'C'. Taking out my keys, I hurriedly unlock the door.

"Back already?"

"Yeah,"

Zack walks out of his room, holding a bag of chips. "What'd they say?" He leaned casually on the wall, his dark hair too familiar, his brown eyes so similar.

"They told me to 'draw a representation of your emotions'" I drop my bag by the door. Clearly, the therapy wasn't going too well, though it was calming.

"Just do what you always do, binge five hours of YouTube or something," his voice. Not so surprisingly, Zack was practically a replica of Nico.

I'm not kidding.

There were the smallest differences, perhaps the fact that we aren't dating. (Do I want to date him? I have no idea right now)

I walk over to the sofa and collapse on the soft piece of furniture. "I've practically watched everything, though that isn't a bad suggestion,"

He sits down next to me. "It's been weird without you here, you know,"

"I know," I take his bag of chips. "Gotta go home at four, by the way,"

He raises his hands up in defeat, "Your decision,"