Chapter 34, You Are In Love

(This is a song fic based off You are in love by Taylor Swift. The video above is a cover as the actual song is not on YouTube)

Dark shadows cascaded on the pale walls of the Athena cabin. Long finger-like expanses of night shifted slowly along the room. Oh it was night, alright.

My blankets seemed to smother me, the everlasting warmth of the summer trapped in the humid cabin.

I'm leaving for a walk.

Walking off to the stone path in my rubber slippers. The cool air tickling the tree leaves, causing them to sway gently in the wind.

It really was beautiful. The midnight blue sky reflecting on every surface, tinting the world a dark yet light blue. With tree leaves falling occasionally, the world seemed like a snow globe, with leaves instead of white specks.

My mind drifts back to when Nico and I first met, on a night like this. Look up. A soft shoulder brush. No proof, one touch. I felt enough.

I could hear it in the silence.

I could feel it on the way home.

I could see it with the lights out.

I was in love.

True love.

Standing on the pavement, my eyes drift over to the Athena cabin, and a thought blooms in my head. Walking over to the side of the Athena cabin, I concentrate deeply, imagining myself float up. It's like a lucid dream. Floating up gently, I stop on the roof. Putting one leg over the other, I look up.

The stars dance in the sky, constellations swirling around in a mesmerising whirlpool. Patches of moonlight lit up the roof, patterns and intricate drawings of light, jumping from a spot to another.

With him, I let go of my fears. My problems, my ghost. Kissing on sidewalks, talking and laughing.

My mind drifts back to the time he looked up at me, a soft weird expression on his face. You're my best friend.

And I knew what it was.

He was in love.

I could hear it in the silence.

I could feel it on the way home.

I could see it with the lights out.

He was in love.

True love.

To think that I'm only in my mind right now. To think that Nico is actually gone. He's missing. That this may never happen again, reopens a wound I didn't know I had. We need to do something. And yes, something will be done.

Now I understand why they lost their minds

And fought the wars

In the name of love.

Because you can hear it in the silence

You can feel it on the way home

You can see it with the lights out

I am in love.

True love.

And it clicked.

It's about time.

The dark beast, the monster.

It's

About

Time.

Nico appeared by the roof, a last kiss.

I love you

And the world disappeared.