Love tuged on my collar and dragged me into its filth

A/n.
"I wanna say tanks to you guys who have stuck with this book to this point. My appreciation.

Just like the previous evening, the hall was packed full, Gob and Rutherford took positions in the line meant for Sergeants. The chatter ended abruptly as commander Paul walked in and as usual was accompanied by two palace guards.

"at ease!" one of the guards accompanying the commander barked. The entire hall obeyed.
"today the training commences " commander Paul announced
"I will take drills in swordsmanship. Senior captain Calran will take archery drills and senior captain Marni will take on every other weapon drill.

"Pick a partner " commander Paul ordered. Every solider paired up. Naturally Gob and Rutherford paired.

"the objective is simple " commander Paul continued
"disarm your partner and fall him".
"am not just going to fall you, am gonna knock you out"
Rutherford taunted.
" I'd pay to see that" Gob retorted with a wicked smile, as rye commander's guards distributed wooden swords.

"begin" commander Paul ordered the entire military headquarters went into a frenzy, each student trying to best the other endorsing very powerful strikes.

Most of the soldiers were novices when it came to swordsmanship. Only a few captains could strike with accuracy and show considerable skill.

Gob was swinging wildly. It wasn't the first time he handled a blade, but it was the first time he handled it as a weapon and not a tool.

Rutherford had been guard for over fifteen years and it was safe to say he possessed some skill considering he was ranked Sergeant.
He waited patiently, timing the ear Archer.
Gob aimed for the head, Rutherford saw that coming and effectively ducked.

The wooden blade passed over head Rutherford. The force Gob used to swing the blade caused him to lose balance, Rutherford seized the opportunity.
He put his right leg behind Gob's poorly postured legs, then pushed, causing the ear archer to trip over his leg. Gob was down, Rutherford smiled victoriously.

Commander Paul walked round, assessing the winners and losers. When he came to Gob and Rutherford's position, he looked at Gob with annoyance.
"I expected more from someone hand picked by Yart".
The losers were made to run round the military headquarters, as they ran towards the barracks kitchen, Gob saw the beautiful barracks cook. Who gave him a quizzical look.
Gob bowed his head in shame and ran past.

Soon, senior captain Calran took over, naturally Gob excelled in every range of Archery so well he had the stern commander impressed. Soon he was watching in glee as Rutherford took a run for being one of the poorest.

The ear archer slumped into his bed after eating a repeat of the " chicken food" he was glad it wasn't the beautiful barracks cook. How would he face her after such shameful incident.

He was thinking about his family, his father tree greatest archer to have ever lived had died three years after he was born, all he heard was he died in battle.
The entire tribe had looked up to him and his three older brothers to succeed very their father. Three delivered. As for him, well he excellently failed.

He became a disgrace to his family no one dared said it to his face anyway. But talks that occur behind one's back hurts the most.
He was forced to leave. But even the so called land of promise held emptiness.
He remembered the old man who had saved his life and even embraced him in his filth and for some reason sent him away.
Maybe it was him. That's why he could never blame the old man. Maybe this was his father punishing him for tainting his legacy.
Tears came into his eyes but he gritted his teeth, preventing it from falling, then surrendered himself to the enemy of any solider. "sleep"