FIGHTERS

"true. But you see, I the hearing is structured in a manner that we cannot ask questions ".
"so you are here to interrogate me" Sefth whispered, realization dawning on him.
"but am not bound to any oath, how would you discern am honest?"
" I can perceive the human mind".
Sefth was flabbergasted.
"you are saying you can read my mind"
"no, I only perceive your thoughts "
"so what do you wish to know? "
The princess smiled.

"do you think you are doing the right thing. I mean fighting for Xan "
Sefth took a deep breath
"of course I am doing the right thing"
The princess stopped walking, she glanced at him sternly
"you're lying"
Sefth was taken aback. When the princess didn't break the glance he relented.

"alright, truth be told am confused. Until yesterday I was convinced I was doing the right thing. That's until I heard his testimony. I don't think I want to fight for a king who doesn't have a problem sending assassins against a family trying to escape death. A king who beheads innocent women"

The princess looked at him, sympathetic about his confliction
Sefth thought some more.
"But I have seen this war turn women into cannibals, soldiers into cowards, citizens into killers. Am not fighting for the king am fighting for xan so children won't have to eat other children to sate hunger"
The princess smiled
"we are done, I hope to see you at the ball"
"Ball? " Sefth asked perplexed.
"Yes ball. Every two years, ball is thrown so young men and women can choose each other and settle ".
"well it's a wonderful concept. But I fail to see how it's a concern of mine "
"well it so happens that amnesty is granted to all prisoners on the night of the ball. And they are allowed to attend under close supervision of course "

"I see, thank you princess " Sefth bowed
The princess curtsied and began to leave.
"one more thing princess "
The princess stopped on her tracks and turned around
"how can I get your tribes support? "
"Convince my father" the princess replied.
She snapped her fingers and a dozen tribesmen appeared from thin air and roughly escorted the solider back to his cell.

"it wasn't fully an hour after Sefth was returned that the princess visited again.
As Gob predicted, she headed towards the unnamed cell.
The unnamed was forcefully paraded out of his cell just like Sefth was.
Unlike Sefth, the unnamed was calm and collected through the entire ordeal.
The princess dismissed the men requested a walk with the unnamed.

"My name is.... "
"Princess Safara " the unnamed completed for her.
The princess was puzzled.
"How did you know that? "
"You really believe I would allow myself to be taken prisoner by a tribe without a thorough background Check? "
The princess was impressed.
"How much do you know? "
"Everything ". The unnamed replied with a smile.