OUT OF THE WOODS

The great hall was filled to the brim. Every thing that breathed In The military headquarter was present.
The chatter died when kufiriko and his guard stepped in.
"my people, as you know, the enemy has had us sieged for months, they intend to have us starve within this walls. We can no longer wait for the commander. We have to fight"
The hall went mute.
"for our children " kufiriko continued " do you want to watch your children starve? "
A meek no came from the crowd.
"I asked do you want to watch your children starve " he demanded. This time the no was firmer.
"then I say we fight".
Heads in the hall started nodding , agree grunts followed. Everyone felt the need to defend what they held dear
"we are with you" few began to yell.
Dalian watched with annoyance at absurdity and the people's affirmation of it.
"no! "
The hall fell silent
Dalian strode forward in her working clothes to address them.
"we can't fight them. It's true we out number them but we are but women and children. The few men available aren't good enough fighters. Not to mention they have weapons and we don't ".

Kufiriko looked at Dalian with slight annoyance as he leaned in to her with his arms interwoven at his chest.
"according to you maid, what your remedy ?"
"we cultivate, and wait for the commander "
"that's cute. But you forget the enemy has us sieged "
"they could have destroyed this place months ago but they didn't, that's because there is something they want and it's not us".
"that is all but probability for all we know they could be waiting to increase their numbers. We have to strike now"
Before Dalian could argue in defense, kufiriko cemented his will.
"my people, isn't it so "
A thunderous yes ensured.

Back at the mountain, Gob and sefth mounted unfathomable argument on who would emerge to distract the herd. Each wanted to, in order to prove what they termed to be courage.
They both had their wish because their argument had attracted the angry herd of wild bulls. Like the wind, they ran.