GRAVES

From Dalian's experience, it was always best to be the one in the head start. It rendered a certain level of physiological damage to your opponent.
     With all her might, she dug the heels of her leather boots against the sides of her horse.
In response, her horse neighed loudly as it strained to move faster.
  Safara reached her horse's consciousness with her mind. She ceased the operations of it's mind imposing hers. She imposed on it her will, her will to win.
The horse moved like an animal possessed. It's head straight ahead without wavering. It's hooves dug into the muddy soil and out of it with such force that perhaps wouldn't be possible even with the implementation of a torture whip.
Dalian was gapped by yards.

Princess Safara reached the clearing long before Dalian's steed appeared.
The princess smiled
"I won"
Dalian couldn't get angry. Not only was she beaten, she was thrashed.
She didn't have time to dwell on that because in front of her was a massive glass cage holding millions of Snakes. All apparently at rest.

The moment Safara turned towards the cage, all the snakes coiled up. Their focus on Dalian.
She resisted the urge to run.
"What are you? "
She asked despite the shock.
The princess smiled then got serious. She raised her hands sideways.
Millions of snakes spoke in unison
"Am an Arathani ".
They hissed. Dalian fell to the ground in horror
"It can't be, you are lying the Arathani is just a story my father used to tell me to lure me to sleep".
The princess smiled.
" Am real, very much real. You may stand, I will suffer you no harm".
   Dalian stood cautiously.
"What do you want from me witch:".
The princess smiled.
"Am no witch. My soul mate is currently infuriated with you. I want you to sever that bond".
"Your soul mate? " Dalian asked in shock.
"Gob. Am sure uve met him".
Dalian's eyes dilated in shock.
"How is he your soul mate? ".
"That puzzle is beyond me and moreover none of your business ".
Dalian glared at the princess defiantly.
" you want me to chase him into your arms". Dalian spat.
"Yes " the princess replied smiling
" I won't. Never"
The princess frowned and took slow deliberate steps towards Dalian.
"You love him don't you?. In fact you love him a lot more than your betrothed. I am doing you a favor. I will lighten you of him so that you can be emotionally free".

Dalian thought for a moment.
"Gob and I have no future together but I won't allow him end up with a monster like you. Back away witch. I won't warn you again".

The princess smiled.
"You want him for yourself. You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me because am in your head.
"You are reading my mind " Dalian gasped.
"Not reading princess, perceiving ".
"Witch. I love a challenge. Try to take him".
With those words Dalian stormed out of the clearing.
Well muscled tribesmen appeared ready to subdue Dalian But the princess waves them off with a gesture with her hand leaving Dalian to storm angrily back to her cell.