Goodnews

Gob had slept right there in the balcony leaning against the wall. The morning air was refreshing, the past few days had sleeping with an eye open.
He was given a gentle shook maybe if he were back at Yart's and  never experienced the cruel feeling of death and pain perhaps a shake like that wouldn't have woke him.
Immediately,  his eyes flew open. Rutherford stood over him,  a sad look on his face,  his eyes blood shot.

"have you been crying " Gob asked
"no,  the commander orders our presence "
"our? " Gob asked puzzled
Rutherford didn't reply,  he only nodded grimly.

Gob and Rutherford strode respectfully into the room that housed Yart.
Yart was in a chair smoking, beside him was commander Paul.
In the room was Sefth and five other men Gob didn't know but was certain he had seen at some point.

Yart looked in his direction and acknowledged his bow with a quick nod then continued.
"I won't waste your time gentlemen, the people here in this room are the absolute best presently. Your mission is simple, thwart the enemy. Sefth is in charge,  you will depart tomorrow, you have the rest of the day to prepare. Dismissed ".

Everyone in the room were astonished, no strategy, no supplies just a minute long briefing and they were to do what? Stop an enemy who was powerful enough to drive more than twelve thousand into hiding in the palace.
But when u are in military you do not ask questions. The men did the only thing they could, they put their fits on their chest and in unison barked

"yes commander "

Rutherford walked lazily as if in a daze, he wasn't his usual chatty self.  Gob was still running the meeting with Yart in his head when Rutherford broke down before him and began to sob.
Gob raced to him
"you are creating a scene"
Rutherford kept sobbing for a while then collected himself
Gob looked at him patiently
"wanna share? "
"my family " Rutherford choked on his words
"what about them? " Gob asked his patience waning
"I can't find them"
"have you searched properly? "
Rutherford looked at Gob as if he were talking nonsense
"alright " Gob relented "we'll find a way out of the palace and take a look at your home"
Rutherford nodded silently
"Sergeant " a voice called from behind
Gob recognized him, he was one of commander Paul's personal body guards. He bowed to Gob as Gob out ranked him.
"the high commander orders your presence "
" the high commander?,  you mean Yart"
"yes Sergeant, high commander Yart"

Yart was when still smoking When Gob entered his room a second time
"you asked for me"
"prepare boy,  you are coming with me "
"where"
" the market"