HORROR

The high priest straightened his hand causing hundreds of spears to materialize from thin air.
    With a flick of his wrist, he  hurled the spears at Gob.
      Using his peripheral vision, he saw objects  flying towards him. When he looked behind him, he saw unforgiving spears flying towards him. His pace quickened the best it could but even he knew he wouldn't out run the sheer speed the spears moved with. The border was within his gaze, so he did the only thing he could, he dived.
        He slid over the ground bruising himself in multiple places as he did so. When the momentum stopped, he closed his eyes awaiting the worst but it never came for he had crossed the border.
         "Gob....." A voice yelled.
He could recognize the voice anywhere, it belonged to Dalian. He rose quickly and locked eyes for the first time with the high priest before racing off to join Dalian on the horse..
    It was a five day ride from Safurum to Xan but the company arrived at the palace walls in three.

     Yart immediately summoned them, after listening to their tale,  he turned to his brother Ferdil   and asked
     " What do you think?"
Ferdil withdrew his pipe long enough to answer the question.
       "Let's fear for the worst and believe Safurum has joined forces with Sema.
       Safurum is a small place, combined with the forces Sema has in the headquarters I doubt they will be more five thousand. We are twelve thousand warriors strong. They may breach the walls but they will never win.
     That part  doesn't particularly worry me. What worries me is a question".
    He paused to take a drag from his pipe.
     " You say the arathani showed signs of insanity. What I want to know is, does her powers work beyond her borders?"
        Gob hanged his head when he answered.
      "Am afraid it does"
"Then we have a problem".

The unnamed was made commander of Safurum's army by the new cheif Safara.
     But even with his high ranked position, he was exempted from the cremation of the deceased cheif.

      Safara was looking intently into the flames when the man in dreadlocks walked up to her.
     "Cheif Safara".
But Safara made no indication she heard him. He tried to comfort her.
    "Everyone dies"
             "Gorm" the cheif called softly.
        "Cheif "
    "Am losing control. I can feel my sanity slipping away, am losing control".
      "Do not say that cheif, you  are the most powerful person I know. You can fight this"
     "Gorm, am releasing you from your service to my family, go live your life whichever way you see fit".
     "Cheif your father attempted to release me years ago. Am going to tell you the same thing I told him. This is the only family I have ever known. I do not intend to leave".
     "As an Idoti, the moment the last of my family's bloodline dies you are expected to take your own life"
    "I made my peace with that years ago"
   "Very well. Tell the commander to prepare, we are going to mount Slyine".
       Gorm did not question or motive neither did he asked. He only performed the function required of an Idoti.
    He answered
    " Yes chief".....